Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
February 25, 2017, 05:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyra Banks attacks Russian women and it backfires on her  (Read 96653 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 05:22:12 AM »

Yes, mathematically speaking, if 99% of battered wife shelters haven't already seen at least one foreign Internet bride...then that must mean that very few of these women are being battered (and this is logical because the men who marry Internet brides are the upper middle class and most educated of Americans). You have to be completely ignorant of math and statistics to hear that 50% number and conclude that there IS a problem instead of the opposite.

Isn't there a regulation in the justice system where a judge can at least censor a lawyer for deliberate misrepresentation of facts like that?

Layli also loves to use the domestic violence stats for a group of inner-city, low-income Guatemelan slum dwellers to show that "foreign brides are beaten more often". That is a deliberate non sequitur in need of a judicial put down.

If Layli Miller-Muro was in the audience, then she took a big hand in writing this script as usual. This video could be used as evidence that she is getting federal funds to put on a proganda campaign that touches on a matter that Congress was NEVER given power to deal with.

The Constitution gives Congress 18 enumerated powers. Domestic violence is not one of them. DV is clearly a states issue.

Also...Congress may have power to make interstate commerce "regular", but they have never had the power to interfere with people talking with each other inside businesses, for instance on sailing ships or in bars or restaurants. Sure, Congress can regulate the ships, bars and restaurants...but not the conversations customers of those businesses have with each other.

In the movie "Titanic" there was a company policy of the White Star Line whereby steerage passengers could not communicate with First Class passengers. Jack Dawson went ahead and disobeyed this policy when he saved Rose from committing suicide by saying he would have to jump in after her if she jumped.

Imagine if there had been a federal law against the American speaking with the British woman?

Regarding Russia: No judge should ever deny a restraining order on IMBRA or VAWA without first visiting the new St. Petersburg and its new Aquapark swimming complex and all the new sushi restaurants.

This country is more like paradise than the kind of place a woman would fear having to go back to if a marriage did not work out in the US. Women constantly tell me that they honestly have no desire to live outside Russia anymore (they did until a few years ago).

One problem with the American conservatives, that makes them susceptible to all this left wing feminist nonsense about Russian women...is that they are so ignorant of other countries that they feel that every American yearns to come home who becomes an expat.

Nothing irks me more than to take a flight home to the USA and hear a thunderous applause on touchdown from other Americans who are so happy to be back on US soil because they apparently hated being away.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
bronxman
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:10:02 AM »

...you can bet - OPRAH IS NEXT!!!  Oh, its almost certain that the National Organization for Women, and their tools Layli Miller Muro and Jeanne Smoot, have their sites set on Oprah.  What a splash!  However, I don't know if the ICC (imbra control complex) viewed the Tyra "incident" as good or bad PR.  They may want to be very careful how they frame and coach any Oprah episode.

A little circumvention this time may be useful.  Here is a start -

Dear Oprah,

You may have already been approached by individuals and organizations to feature the topic of international dating between American men and foreign women (sometimes degradingly referred to as "mail order brides").  If you decide to include this topic in your program, please consider the following:

Tyra Banks recently discussed the topic.  You may want to view that episode.

This topic has become one of the most contentious gender battles to the point of reaching the Federal courts.

Recent regulation of men who wish to communicate with foreign women includes curtailing free speech rights.

International dating is a symptom of the state of male/female relations in the United States and maybe the discussion can include ideas for fixing the problem and thus slowing the flight of American men overseas.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:14:14 AM by bronxman » Logged
tristan
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »

Okay, bman, thanks.  I'll drop a note to Oprah.  I have a track record now as I co-hosted a film company a few weeks ago who came to my town to meet with a half-dozen Russo-American couples.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
bronxman
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:59 PM »

"Berkowitz drew the ire of Banks when he said the oldest woman he's dated in his quest for a mail-order bride was 35, and she gave him a bad time about the age gap."

You GO Berk!  Tire-ass Skanks would have a field day giving "bad times" at expat parties overseas.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/5082417.html

Aug. 24, 2007, 9:08PM
Mail-order bride service hasn't delivered for 59-year-old

Mcclatchy-tribune

SANTA ROSA, CALIF. — All Mike Berkowitz says he wants is an attractive, undemanding young woman to marry and help him start a family.

He says he tried American women, but it didn't take.

So the 59-year-old retired Santa Rosa electrician has turned to the Baltic region, for the 49th time.

Over the course of five years, thousands of dollars and through one alleged scam, he remains an advocate of the mail-order bride market, where brokers match foreign women with American men for money.

Tyra Banks, a supermodel-turned-talk-show-host, set up a show about mail-order brides, taped in Los Angeles during the spring and recently airing on the Oxygen channel.

Berkowitz was asked to represent the men who seek them.

Berkowitz drew the ire of Banks when he said the oldest woman he's dated in his quest for a mail-order bride was 35, and she gave him a bad time about the age gap.

His turn toward mail-order services, a multimillion dollar industry of hundreds of companies, began in 2002.

Many of the 49 women he said he dated only once. He had several dates with some, and he's been engaged twice.

About two years ago, he met Sofia from Ukraine. After a brief courtship, they were engaged and he gave her an expensive ring.

But then she hit him with what many Web sites describe as a fairly standard scam: her mother had breast cancer and they needed money for expensive treatment.

Berkowitz said he checked with the agency that had introduced them and was told the woman did have cancer, so he sent money.

But the story didn't check out. He cut off communication and said he posted her name on a Web site alerting would-be husbands to Baltic women who will cheat them. He'd lost about $40,000, he said, but wasn't too upset as he hadn't yet developed enough of an emotional tie to her.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:10:58 AM by bronxman » Logged
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »

What journalist wrote that article?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/5082417.html

For San Francisco, it was seemingly suprisingly neutral except they at least wanted to sell papers with the "mail order bride broker" designation, which has hurt our rights. The journalist did not talk about our rights being violated via IMBRA and VAWA and I am sure he or she knew about that. But the journalist also did not lie about the men being allegedly violent after marriage and the article showed that the real problem is scamming on the part of some women.

The journalist tried but failed to portray the guy as a loser, but the photo says otherwise. They remarked that he had no emotional connection with his quick-romance fiance, which does say to everyone (including and especially me) that such men really are losers.

But this guy seems to be otherwise having fun, which is only a federal crime with social conservative religious freaks and radical feminists.

Still more, it was an advertisement and the photo of the young hottie with the 59 year old man would not turn most non-feminized men into shrieking feminst banshees. How could an older man look at that photo and think "how disgusting" that he is with that gorgeous woman...unless he himself is married to an extremely unattractive woman and feels miserable about that and he wants every man to be as miserable as he is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:48:20 PM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
jen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »

Hi Tristan,

Did you have any luck getting a recording of the Tyra episode? I tried to catch it in rebroadcasts, but both times it was either on very late at night or was not actually shown...

Thanks,
Jen
tristan
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »

Jen,

I'll try to email you a copy when my computer expert (foreign wife) gets home.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
khankrumthebulgar

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 04:21:04 PM »

I sent Ms. Tyra Banks an email. I got no response from it of course. Ms. Banks is appealing to Feminist Women, and American Women scared of losing out to Foreign Women. Last year while talking to a Dr.'s Wife. An attractive Latina from Mexico with a MBA and Degree in Public Health who speaks 4 languages. She was shopping in Plano Texas when White American Women asked her why she was shopping there? She said she was shopping there for her Family and was married to a Doctor practicing in Plano.

One Woman actually attacked her physically, screaming "Why are you stealing our Men"? As if they owned American Men. How dare Men exercise their freedom to choose? This is really what is pissing off the Women. That Men are no longer willing to settle for Sloppy one hundreds. That AW have over played their value. Crapped on US Men told us we are worthless. Well okay we get it. You no longer want us fine. Other Women DO. Oops it turns out we are right and they are now looking forward to Switching teams. Which is what the Feminists really want all along. To turn the genders against each other.

Men are adapting in ways the FemNags did not anticipate. And some Men are not willing to come back. Once they see how Women can be Sane, Loving, Feminine, pleasant, agreeable and desireable. They say life is too short to put up with what is offerred in the US. And are voting with their feet.

Tyra is an idiot. But is responding to her customers, who she dare not alienate. She is appealing to US Women. Invest in Cat Food companies. They have more of a future than US Women do. Many of whom will never have children, and will die alone. They can thank their Gender Feminist Lesbian Sisters for their situation.
arabiamark

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »

Well our Tyra episode finally appeared over here on my sand spit in the Middle East.

Anybody find it curious that IMBRA wasn't mentioned even once?  Desperate to keep it under the radar maybe?

What's wrong with AFA John?  He had a golden opportunity to let Layli have it and squash her bogus statistics.  He and his wife acquitted themselves well but sitting there without any rebuttal while Layli was a big, fat target just begging to be swatted was a huge disappointment.  Or perhaps he did and it was edited out?  He also needed to get after Tyra for her repeated "Men are buying women" line.

Layli was so obviously trying to put on an act with her attempt to be earnest and sympathetic.  It was a good thing I hadn't eaten dinner yet.  And when oh when will there be just one person with the modicum of analytical skills needed to knock that damn "50%" statistic out of the park?  Of course she knows full well that people only listen enough to register in their head "50% of these women are abused."  Some day she's going to get a rude shock when she trots out this tired old nugget and somebody's around to question it.

It's a good thing I didn't have a brick within reach.  Come the seventh time that Tyra said "And we're back to talk about men buying brides" I would no longer have had a TV.

The contradiction between Layli's feminist party line and the four Russian women on stage was the 1000 pound elephant on the stage.  You could even see that Tyra was disconcerted that there wasn't a docile doormat in the bunch.  Layli may have influenced some of the rhetoric.  But she was out to lunch when they did the casting.  For all of Tyra's annoying script I have to give her credit for giving normal couples a chance to state their case.  Few in the mass media have done us that courtesy.

Of course the melodramatic "woman in trouble" case and the part about the guy being scammed took up more than hald of the show.  Par for the course in a show that needs good ratings to play up the sensationalized bits.  Of course it would have been nice if somebody had pointed out that these "Marriage Broker" relationships run into trouble much less than ordinary domestic relationships.  But asking Tyra to be THAT honest was obviously too much.

I hope that the other side keeps up this rude, xenophobic attitude toward foreign women.  The gem Layli remark of the show:  "By definition these men who are getting wives in Europe are there to find a weak, quiet, submissive slave (actually my paraphrase)"

The men generally held their own.  They all seemed educated and well adjusted and were treating their women well.  When the 58-year old admitted that he looks for younger women Tyra high fived him for "keeping it real."  If only Tyra would keep it real and cut the propaganda spewing about "Buying brides."

We really need to corner Layli and get her in an open debate with a decent sized audience watching.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »

"I'm glad you enjoyed my little acting on Tyra Banks but you WILL obey me and IMBRA." says Layli Miller-Muro, "And also "change your attitude" while I pursue my "transformation of your society", especially after I acheive my political aspirations. In case you're wondering, Jeanne Smoot will be my Vice-President and Maria Cantwell will be my Attorney General. We intend to change and accomplish a lot during our tenure."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: