Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
March 27, 2017, 12:23:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyra Banks attacks Russian women and it backfires on her  (Read 97344 times)
tristan
Administrator

« on: August 08, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »

Tyra Banks, some kind of talk show host, does a show on international marriages entitled "I Bought My Bride".  She goes over the top, like famous man-hating kneejerk feminist Bonnie Erbe, and grossly denigrates the Russian women and the American men she invites on the show, asking rude questions and even rolling her eyes in disgust at some of their sincere responses to her.

Then, the aftermath.  Apparently she grossly misjudged the sentiments of her audlence, which seems to be mostly married women judging from hundreds of angry posts running about 40:1 against her for her rude, dismissive treatment of her guests.

Read the summary of the show here: http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/show_recaps/show_recap_wed100.html

and the comments here: http://telepicturesblog.warnerbros.com/tyrashow/2007/08/a_revealing_look_at_the_mail_o.html

Selected comments below:

[from an Italian woman]
WOW! turns out I am a SECOND CLASS citizen because an ignorant mockery of a tv show hostess says so? With all the money you have you ought to consider going back to school. I am from Milano, Italy - I place where I'm sure you have been...and let me tell you...there Americans are looked down because of people like you! a stupid woman with mere high school education who dares judge not only foreign women but also trashes American men as if they were animals. My husband is American and I guess he preferred me to a black model from the USA not because I look like a Barbie, but because I have brains!

[from a Russian woman]
I liked today's show. I am also Russian, and I am married to an American guy. The fact is(and you, american women should take it to consideration)that YOU are MATERIALISTIC AND MONEY HUNGRY, ALSO FRIKIN' JEALOUS OF US, RUSSIAN GIRLS! I did not stay here because my country sucks, but because of my husband. If it was not for him, I would return home.I LOVE MY COUNTRY! We went to Russia together many times, he loved it very much. He said that Russian women are better, because we are not as materialistic as you guys. So, girls, change yourself, or ALL our girls are going to take over. You are just jealous of us, cos we are THE HOTTEST WOMEN ON EARTH, EVEN MY HUSBAND SAYS THAT.

[from a Hungarian woman]
I'm REALLY disappointed in you Tyra!I am sick and tired of americans think that everyone just dieing to come to this country, becouse we are "unfortunate,poor,lower level"citizens of other countries.What is the "american dream" anyway?Ther is no such thing!Is that so hard to understand that women of other countries are looking for love and NOT money?Just becouse that's what is important to you , don't speak for other women!!Why do you think you have the right to embarrass those women and call them "mail-ordered brides"??I believe if guys try to find their brides overseas there is a reason for that.And not only sick reasons.Women in this country should do a reality check.I've been in this country for 6 years now and have never met a woman, who didn't think the size of their engagement ring wasn't more important than anything else.Poor guys don't even have chance if they don't drive an expensive car etc.I met my husband(he is american, I am PROUD to be hungarian) here after I'd been here for over 3 years already.After 1.5 years he'd proposed to me.We've been married for over 2 years now.I've never been happier!!Believe it or not my husband had told me after months of dating,he had really thought about going over to Europe and see how the girls are there, becouse he got tired of superficial, materialistic american girls.If you don't want us to "steal"your men,maybe you should put love,respect,family etc values before money. Really Tyra you should feel ashamed of yourself!I loved your shows, but after today I think you have one less viewer and fan.Let me say I'm sorry for all Russian women for being treated that way on national television.

[from a Polish woman]
So why go over seas? Why met at the supermarket? why met at church? why met at school? why marry a childhood sweatheart? one looks for love. Is it about control? My ex would say no, then again don't ask my ex- she always disagreed with me, even if I agreed with her-
It's just another place to meet women, or women meet men. As for me, I'm shy, I like accents and this is terrifying, going to a country you can not read or write, some perfer to fall in love at a parachute jump, others go to a foreign country.

[from an American woman]
This is actually my first time posting and I'm sorry to say that the only thing that drew me to your site so quickly was your vulgar show on mail-order brides. Yes some take advantage of the situation, Yes some are in just for money, Yes some are fakes BUT AMERICAN WOMEN DO THE SAME AS WELL. Some of these women see a new life with a great education and opportunity , some see love and adore these men because they can save them. You know Russia is tough and some1 giving them and opportunity to come to America and have a better life can make them fall in love just by that alone. Honestly i love your show, Americas next top model ... watch it all the time but that was an all time low for you. American women are gold diggers as well. Today you betrayed Russian women and you betrayed many of your fans. You always speak of powerful and independent women. Today you were no better than the abusive men all over America. You did in an hour show what many abusive men do over a period of time. You lost another fan Tyra I'm sorry many women will never look at you the same

[from an American woman]
Tyra, I don't know if you read these postings or not, I at least hope somebody does. Todays show disgusted me, which is a first. I was not offended by the topic but more by Tyra's behavior. Personal judgmental feelings by Tyra were apparent. I was horrified for the women and the men that had to endure your show today. Tyra's attitude was crude and personally ugly.Be-littling the men and degrading the women was immature and beyond rude no matter the topic. For the first time I stopped watching the show. I rarely get to catch your show because I am running around but the few times I do I enjoy them. This was horrible. On a side note two other neighbors all stated the same reaction. Offensive and unprofessional today Tyra. Think about if you can keep your personal opinions and feelings in check next time before you cover an issue you can't keep yourself in line about in front of the world. The world already has judges.

[from an American woman]
Tyra,
Re: mail order brides...you implied today that men look to mail order brides since U.S. women are more "advanced" than foreign women because of feminism. You should remember that a woman's choice to work or stay at home for her sake and her family's is her CHOICE. It doesn't mean that she is uneducated or controlled by her husband or has no sense of self. The ability to make THAT CHOICE was the point of the "Feminist Movement," not to FORCE all mothers to work and then have their own children raised by strangers in daycare/etc. Another point of feminism was to educate so that all women can make personal choices with their life without JUDGEMENT by other women LIKE YOU. Adjust your attitude, Tyra!

[from woman of unknown nationality]
to barbara and tyra,
i think you need to be informed that we "mail order brides" although we don't like being called mail order brides are not really bought by our husbands as you think.yes they paid some amount of money to be a member of some matchmaking websites but it's just like paying a monthly bill to have access on the telephone.they pay to have access on the website.no one owns us and nowhere did they pay to have us.we spent a lot of time talking on the phone and chatting on the internet.seeing each other on the webcam just to know each other and build our relationship.you don't know what american-couple have been through so you don't have the right to judge us.we are far more happier couples than a lot of american couples who are jumping from one marriage to another without thinking the effects to their children.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:05:58 AM by tristan » Logged

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 01:42:11 AM »

If a billionaire from America or any other country asked Tyra Banks to marry him sight unseen with no pre-nup, she would say "yes" faster than Bush would sign a law curtailing more civil liberties.

During my research over the past 20+ years I have about 4 hours of video (unfortunately buried somewhere) showing how these hackneyed anti-"mail order bride" programs ALWAYS try to sensationalize international marriages and degrade the couples under the pretense of being "fair and balanced" in order to con the couples into "sharing their happiness with the world."

It ALWAYS turns out that the host is just trying to stir up negative feelings toward these marriages. It is also the reason why I quit going on tv with obviously biased hosts and encouraged others not to either.

Tyra Banks should have done a little research so she could have found out that if she REALLY wanted to have an interesting program they should present the overwhelming positive side of these marriages.

Other tv programs should try the same. The bitching about these marriages format got old a LONG time ago, although the feminists would love to see them all day, everyday.

Tyra must have really gone over the top to get such poor reviews from American women.

Actually I'd like to see a program talking about fraud in the "women's protection" racket (the whole show could just be on Tahrih Justice Center) as well as an expose on the Bahai "Faith."

Now THAT would be worth watching.
tristan
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »

Tech whizes: how can this show be copied to make a small film clip out of it say, 3 minutes or so exhibiting the worst of this woman's behavior?  And can anyone help do this? 

This would be an invaluable tool to show politicians just how foolish is the kneejerk feminist position that meeting foreign women out to be a crime.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:36:08 AM »

I just looked at the second-hand "transcript" that was not a word for word account. It seems to have been rewritten. Or, if not, then I am glad that the relatively mild insults produced such an angry reaction from women.

I mean, with 16,000 murders in the US every year, they only described 1 murder of a foreign woman.

But her webmaster/producer was very unprofessional in describing things in the "transcript". An example would be the use of the word "wifey" near the bottom. You can feel the hatred just dripping.

I would so love to do a tour of US colleges and New York City venues giving lectures with a Russian female friend about this phenom. The fact that there are so few good ambassadors out there to do this...blows my mind. There should be 5 or 6 couples doing this as a hobby.

Believe me...people would come if you rented a hall and called the local news and did a lecture.

Are you saying that John of AFA was on the show?

Clearly Layli Miller-Muro was involved in this. They knew all about her.

------------------------------------------------

By the way, I just found out that a private citizen can walk right into a federal courthouse with a complaint he or she just printed on his or her Canon Easyjet printer...and get a restraining order on IMBRA.

It is called Pro Se.

He or she can then stand up to the Attorney General and the government people have to fly to whereever the citizen is (closest federal courthouse). The Tahirih Justice Center would also have to ask their supposedly free attorneys from the two big bozo law firms of Arnold & Porter and Jones Day to fly out.

Any volunteers? You would get legal advice behind the scenes and ODR regulars would help you write the complaint and the briefs.

But you would have to be a really good talker who can think on his or her feet. You would be alone in the courtroom and the judge will want to see you as someone who could date an American woman.

Technically, a married man and his foreign-born wife can do this as well...especially if the foreign-born wife is demanding that the government cease using the hate speech language of "mail order bride".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:07:43 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:13 AM »

This is what I wrote:

Any US Citizen can walk into a federal courthouse and challenge the use of the racial epithet "Mail Order Bride" on behalf of the 2 Billion women who have no power to do so.

Tyra would still be allowed to use it because of free speech rights, but the federal government would not be allowed to make laws or reports with that name on it and they would not be able to fund radical feminist organizations that use that epithet to make foreign women seem like children in need of laws like IMBRA that take away the foreign women's right to give out their contact information in real time.

I know foreign women who want to sue the US government over their meddling but cannot do so because they are foreigners.

IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Regulation Act) makes it so, if an American man is in Moscow for 2 days and a woman who has no email address would gladly get a telegram at her home address from an American...he cannot get her contact information in those 2 days because she needs to receive a paper letter from the company in Arizona with his background check form on it (a useless form he could have lied on without penalty).

As in the book "1984", a government would have successfully prevented a relationship between two private individuals...supposedly due to a concern for "her" welfare. The real reason for the concern about foreign women is the jealousy of aging female politicians like Senator Maria Cantwell in Washington.

These dishonest politicians cannot handle social globalization that will leave them unmarried themselves.

The upcoming lawsuit will ask for $2 Million for every relationship that the court can reasonably assume the US government prevented entirely (man was in a foreign city for a few days and could not make contact).

One more thing: The IMBRA law offers no waiver for foreign women to opt-out of the program of Nanny State control of their social lives.

Any female volunteers to walk into a local US federal courthouse on this matter, please contact me at www.veteransabroad.com

Tyra: Lots more men would go on your show in a heartbeat to discuss these issues. The ratings probably go through the roof when this matter is discussed, so let's discuss it some more.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
steve

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

Another petition to stop violence against women.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/933203986?z00m=9452341

What is the link to the video?

tristan
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

This show will be rebroadcast next week.  I will get the details and post them here.

Steve, regarding your link to the latest petition of hysteria, I found the following gems posted next to some of the petition signers:

"Promote greater access for women and girls to education and training so they can support themselves, sustain a livelihood, and contribute to their communities -- Support community awareness and education programs that also target men and boys so that they can begin to break the cycle of sexual violence -- "  But why should men and boys be targeted if more than half of all domestic violence is caused by women and girls?

"I myself havnt been raped, but do know people that have been sexually assualted, its an experience that no female should ever have to go through. Its sad that we cant enjoy life or walk down the street without the fear of being assualted!"  Is it so bad in America that women are fearful when they walk down the street or does this woman consider a man's glances as a sexual assault?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:44:55 PM by tristan » Logged

steve

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »

ok...so there is no video on the net at the moment to convert.

If you want to get it off a TV show, someone who has a computer with a video capture card would have to capture the tv show. My computer is 3 years old (windows xp) and isn't equipped with a video card to capture video from a tv.

If someone has a newer computer (windows vista) they may be able to capture the show. Most computers who can capture video from a tv will have a card and will be able to plug in their cable into this card, just like you plug in the cable in your tv. With this type of card, you can watch tv on your computer.

Once you have the cable plugged in, you will need software to capture the video. If you have a tv/video card in your computer more than likely it came with some kind of software to capture video.

Anyone?

jen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 01:32:27 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the actual show. Tristan, thanks in advance for posting the info about the rebroadcast.

I don't watch Tyra, and I don't know how she usually treats her guests, but what's described here doesn't really surprise me -- not just because it is in line with so many mass media representations, but also because of what the daytime talk show genre is generally like. It tends towards melodrama, stirring a controversy, taking a side with which the audience is understood to be sympathetic and creating good guys and bad buys. Well, at least that is how some of them operate, the more sensationalistic ones. I don't know whether Tyra is usually constructed that way or not.

Seeing as how the issue was already discussed on a few other shows a while ago, I wonder whether part of the impetus to do it now came from a connection with Tyra's other show? A student who knew what I was working on told me that there was a contestant on America's Next Top Model who was a young Russian woman married to an American man. Apparently there was some discussion among the characters (in the usual reality show drama vein, I guess) about her situation. I didn't see that, but I did catch a later episode and it seemed that she was overall presented in a positive way...she came in something like 2nd in the final competition, I think.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »

The synopsis of the show started out with "Many of us log on to the Internet for the convenience of shopping from home. We comparison shop on various websites for the best price on those must have jeans or sneakers nobody else has, or the latest impulse buy we will hide from our husbands later. Amid those websites peddling shoes are more than 400 mail order bride companies for American men to peruse their choice of woman from various countries."

Hmmm...shopping for a spouse online? Sounds like American women who use Match.com doesn't it? I have an idea, let's start using the term ONLINE ORDER BRIDE for American women who use Match.com, eharmony, etc. Isn't that what they are? Hey just as much as foreign women who use similiar sites are "mail order brides" right? See how American women like that label to be used on them.

Of course when an American woman looks for a partner online (from any country) it is swell and there is no problem with it, even better if she finds a guy much younger than herself (you go girl!)

But for a man to go online to try to introduce himself to and become friends with foreign women, well ....WHOA! That's NOT acceptable and these men must be strip searched and fingerprinted in order to track their abusive homicidals tendencies. And if the woman is more than 5 years younger, he MUST be a pedophile.

"She also said there were more women than men in Russia (as if there is a surplus of men in America to go around)."

That last remark tells the REAL reason IMBRA is "needed" to eliminate the forign competition.

"He said he was looking, particularly, for a Russian woman because they were more “traditional” and more willing to forgo a career to stay home and raise children like his mom did. I think someone forgot to tell Don that it is 2007 not 1957."

Too bad for the feminists the majority of men's thoughts of a "traditional" marriage are still in 1957. What does she mean when she says it is 2007? That traditional marriages have vanished to be replaced with wives who won't contribute to the housework, cooking, shopping (for the family, for herself it is no problem), mutual love and appreciation for each other while being entirely absorbed in herself and what SHE can get out of a relationship?

"Layli Miller-Muro, executive director of Tahirih Justice Center for Immigrant Women, provides legal services for immigrant women. She revealed 50% ofwomen who receive their services are women who’ve come from other countries expecting one thing and end up in predicaments like Katerina’s. Women using these mail order services are commonly led to believe that it is a dating service and the marketing to the men is that they will receive a docile, submissive, women from the country of their choosing."

Lyin' Layli's fabricated propaganda yet again. Of course she has been "revealing" this lie as much as she can for the past 10 years. She can't name even ONE site that uses the terms "they will receive a docile, submissive, women from the country of their choosing" implying (falsely again) that men actually purchase these women. This is Layli Miller-Muro pure propaganda folks.

"By then, she had scammed him out of $40,000."

Hmmm...doesn't sound like someone who is being "purchased" does it? The message? Be afraid of foreign women ...be VERY afraid. Thank goodness there has never been a case of an American woman scamming her fiancee or husband. We know such a thing would never happen here - right girls?

" When Tyra asked him if he thought he could date a “hot” 35 year-old American woman, Michael was honest and said no."

I mean what is wrong with this man? Hey even if she is a "hot" American woman 40 years his senior, there is nothing wrong with that right? He is obviously not normal.

"Katerina said American men that seek Russian women probably have a tendency to be controlling."

And how would Katerina know? Is she a self-titled "expert" like Layli Miller-Muro?

"Perhaps the buyer AND the “purchase” should beware."

Hey no bias in that ignorant propaganda remark! Hey Tyra were you "purchased" to have your program? Was there money involved? Then hey, you were "purchased" my dear.

You KNOW Layli would have been on this program in a heartbeat if she could in order to feed her ego and propagandize some more for her wallet (aka Tahirih Justice Center) and Bahai Faith. "Couldn't they have worked this program around MY schedule?"

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:50:12 PM by frank johnson » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: