Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
March 24, 2017, 11:54:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve - ODRs Administrator and Creator  (Read 5356 times)
steve

« on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:19 AM »

Part of me is hesitant but if AWS is brave enough to post about himself I am. Sometimes I feel there is a target on my back from all the feminist hate mail I get.

Who am I? I work in a hospital in the administrative office. I do both public relations and I am assistant network administrator for the hospital (sorry, not going to mention the hospital name, don't want any feminist to come visit). On average, I'm at the office 50 to 60 hours a week.

I have been playing with computers for most of my life and have been involved with many business ventures related to computers. I remember the days when you could only get a 5.25 floppy disk from a speciality store. I made a killing in my younger days by bulk ordering disks and under selling most computer shops in the area. When K-mart started carrying computer accessories, that was the end of my small business.

I have traveled quite a bit. Been to Europe and Asia many times. I have lived in several places in the U.S.

Married twice and divorced (American ladies) and currently I am married to a beautiful Filipina lady. I smile every time I look at her. Still don't know what she sees in me.

My work ethic comes from my father who grew up in Pa and worked in coal mines as a young man. His father was lost in a fire and as the older son of 10, he had to work so the family could survive. My father passed away and I miss him. He was a man who worked hard his whole life, drank way too much, but had a heart of gold. He was as strong as an ox and believe me, you thought twice before crossing him.

My mother is a very simplistic but wise lady. Someone who I'm very proud of and she never puts on that she is better than anyone else. She is loved by many. She is my best friend and someone who I admire for her honesty and caring. Everyone who meets my mother likes her. I don't discuss political issues with her because she doesn't understand, but ask her about life, happiness and family and you'll find a lot of wisdom.

Both of my parents grew up in Pa, in large families, poor, but they are and always will be the foundation of who I am. Which is: hard working, persistent (even though age has slowed me down), family man and I have been in a few fights here and there when you went over the line.

My computer skills vary, but I know enough to get by. I make some extra cash working on or creating sites for clients. Usually I may have many projects going on. My biggest problem is finding the time.

IMBRA was what started ODR. When I first read the law, I wasn't quite sure what to think. However, the more I read, the more pissed I got. I'm all for protecting women from abuse, but anyone who did a little research about IMBRA soon discovered this it is not about protecting foreign women from abuse, but politics. The lack of common sense with allowed exemptions and an obvious ploy to target certain segments of the online dating business, made me realize that the feminist was playing political favors at the expense of genuinely protecting women from abuse. Even more outrageous was the issue of asking men to divulge their personal history to women they haven't had a chance to say hi to yet. Even though the law is not suppose to be bias, it is obviously geared towards men and certain segments of the online dating world without any proof that the law protects women from abuse or the main targets of IMBRA have any involvement in abusive issues related to foreign ladies. Hypocrisy and lack of common sense seems to of prevailed with IMBRA.

Lets protect women, but lets do it with common sense laws that doesn’t  waste tax dollars and doesn't give foreign women a false sense of security by creating a law that provides a marketing advantage to exempted corporate sites, like yahoo personals, match.com, etc,. IMBRA exempted sites reap profits from a law that exempts their huge male membership base seeking foreign women  from the same requirements levied at  smaller mom and pop sites that are usually run by people who experienced meeting and marrying an international lady of their dreams. ODR wants laws that truly protect women, not political agendas that promote special interest groups and steps on our individual and constitutional rights. If you don't think IMBRA is a political issue, than  tell me why sites like yahoo are exempted who have thousand of male members seeking foreign women when a small site like filipina eyes who has thousands less, has to abide by IMBRA and yahoo doesn’t?  And tell me why does Average Joe citizen have to provide his personal background information to a foreign lady he has not met or before he had the chance to get to know her? Once he gets to know her and if  he wants to marry her, yes, than provide his background information, but not before. How many American men  want to provide their  personal information to every lady you want to say Hi to before you had a chance to get to know her? If we are not careful, one day IMBRA will be a domestic law requiring men to provide personal background information to every lady they would like to meet. The feminist law set prejudicial requirements to try to dry up the small mom and pop sites while providing an unfair marketing advantage for the larger exempted sites. The first time a foreign lady is murdered by a member from an exempted site, what excuse will the feminist and coroporate America use for their biased law?  If this is America, it isn’t the America I grew up in. Give back our indiviudal sites.

Lets protect women with common sense laws that doesn't waste our tax dollars.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:08:52 PM by steve » Logged
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »

Steve,

You might want to read the story of Jana Minendez from Peru, who was murdered by her husband William Trickett Smith in 2007.  They met through Match.com.  At the end of the article is a host of comments, many concerning IMBRA, that shed light on exactly what you're talking about.  Some of them are a pissing contest filled with profanity, but there are some very good points made throughout the comments section.  If the story is gone I still have the comments saved to my hard drive so I can upload them.

But bottom line is that, like you said, IMBRA is about political power and gain without any real concern for foreign bride abuse (or wife abuse in general).

Sadly, this country has abandoned its first principles and chosen statism over individual liberty, personal sovereignty and the Constitutional form of government that our founders intended.  After Barack Obama got elected I lost my fight and slowed down in my participation in ODR... not because I don't believe in the cause anymore, but because this site is primarily about protecting our constitutional rights.  And if the people and rulers of this country no longer believe in the constitution, the arguing that a law violates your constitutional rights is kind of meaningless.

We need to get the country back first.

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »

I don't know if this is the time or the place, but I feel I need to add my input here.

Right now our country is under siege.  The Federal Leviathan is spending our country into oblivion, Congress is out of control, the courts are out of control and our current president thinks he can  do anything he wishes with his "pen and his phone".  Every time I listen to the opposition I hear the same thing.... this government is attacking our personal freedom, individual liberty, and violating the Constitution which was intended to protect our unalienable rights of liberty, private property rights, etc.  We hear that laws are sneaked in at the midnight hour, without congressional review, without our elected officials even reading or knowing the law, etc.  We hear that unelected bureaucrats at various Federal agencies are exercising law-making power that the Constitution never gave them.  Does any of this sound familiar?  Of course it does.  We were making the same arguments on ODR about IMBRA in 2006, when "Republicans" were in charge.

Today the outrage is about our lack of freedom to drive the car we want, use the light bulb we want or install the toilet tank we wish in our bathrooms.  Really???  Long before our current president and this incarnation Democrats took control, we were defending our right to seek our happiness with the love partner of our choice.  To me, the choice of a life companion is far more fundamental to human happiness than our choice of a light bulb of toilet tank, but is that just me?

The feminists have been attacking international dating for decades.  They use terms like "consumer husband", "sex trafficking", "prostitution", "modern day slavery" and "buying and selling brides".  They use these terms metaphorically to describe a dating practice they despise, to attack services whose business model is the same as that of the personals columns in your local newspaper. No one is buying a bride, no one is selling anyone, no one is trafficking anyone.  People are merely placing and answering ads in a public forum.  Some of them are seeking marriage, others casual dating, and still others are seeking friendship.  Just like in the "personals" in your Sunday paper.  Whatever relationship results is solely up to and arrange by two willing and consenting adults.  But feminists use the "purchased bride" metaphor to hype gullible news outlets and politicians into rallying for new laws.  Sadly it worked, at least to a point.

We need to take our country back.  That means overruling an empirical president, yes.  I means reigning in an uncontrollable congress, yes.  but it ALSO means taking back our individual freedom at the most fundamental level of personal sovereignty, to choose our relationships.... whether we form those relationships with the girl next door or someone in the Philippines.  It is not the government's business how we meet socially, who we marry or under what circumstances we marry.  Nor is it the business of any agent of the government what our reasons are, or whether we are "properly matched" with the person we seek to be with.

I find it ironic, and a little but surreal, that a movement that started as a "liberation" movement has pushed to take liberty AWAY from the other gender!

Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »

Steve,

You might want to read the story of Jana Minendez from Peru, who was murdered by her husband William Trickett Smith in 2007.  They met through Match.com.  At the end of the article is a host of comments, many concerning IMBRA, that shed light on exactly what you're talking about.  Some of them are a pissing contest filled with profanity, but there are some very good points made throughout the comments section.  If the story is gone I still have the comments saved to my hard drive so I can upload them.

But bottom line is that, like you said, IMBRA is about political power and gain without any real concern for foreign bride abuse (or wife abuse in general).

Sadly, this country has abandoned its first principles and chosen statism over individual liberty, personal sovereignty and the Constitutional form of government that our founders intended.  After Barack Obama got elected I lost my fight and slowed down in my participation in ODR... not because I don't believe in the cause anymore, but because this site is primarily about protecting our constitutional rights.  And if the people and rulers of this country no longer believe in the constitution, the arguing that a law violates your constitutional rights is kind of meaningless.

We need to get the country back first.

Delphi,

I understand your point, but I do not agree.  If something is wrong you should oppose it, even if doing so seems futile.  It is the principle of the thing.

It isn’t just the violation of constitutional rights that is at stake.  The law implies that the only reason women want to meet men in other countries is for money and citizenship.  It also implies that the men are not interested in love, but only want a woman that they can dominate and exploit.  This insults both the women and the men, and it simply isn’t true.

If the only voice out there is the feminist voice, then they will succeed in promoting this message.

Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »

Steve,

Thanks for your input.  I still believe in this site and what it stands for, and I believe in the cause.  I will continue fighting to the extent that I know how to.

My only point is that I am very VERY depressed about the state of our country today.  I strongly believe we have to make changes in our government before our message will be effective.  We have to do both things.  We have to "walk and chew gum at the same time".

There is an issue with this site.  The marquee that displays recent messages has links that lead to an "error 404" page.  Is anyone working to resolve this?

bugman7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:58:12 PM »

...I strongly believe we have to make changes in our government before our message will be effective.  

Now that Obama's immigration amnesty program is complete, individual citizens have a real opportunity to effectuate change. The new Congress is dominated by a Republican majority in the Senate and House of Representatives and they're determined to fight against immigration fraud, waste and fiscal abuse. Now is the time for individuals on this board step up to the plate and write  Congress. But you need to think out of the box and show  the Republicans how these immigration contractors and women advocates have joined forces to aid and abet illegals including scammers, criminals and even terrorists. But don't stop there... it needs to go one step further by framing the issue as a war against Republicans. Practically  all of these immigration contractors are using taxpayers funds to pay their executives, and a portion of NGO's executives salary gets steered back to the political campaign of liberal democrat pro immigration politicians.
This sophisticated money laundering scheme is very legal and quite effective. Immigration contractors are using taxpayer funds to defeat Republicans and their ideology. Stop the funding of all immigration contractors and the immigration issue goes away... because they won't have money to conduct pro immigration/ domestic violence campaigns. Believe me if you frame the issue to show that this money is being used to defeat Republicans. This will get their attention because it hurts their reelection prospects.

It's relatively easy to track political campaign contributions of these organizations by using the Federal Elections Commission website (fec.gov). Open up the fec.gov link. Then on the upper left click "Campaign Finance Disclosure Portal" then"searchable systems", then "individual contribution Search".  A new webpage comes up. Now click on "advanced search". A new webpage appears, then type in the name of an immigration contractor adjacent to "Emplorer /occupation". For practice type in "International Rescue Committee" then click "search"and you can trace the money flow. IRC executives gave approximately $250,000 ...all to democrat pro immigration politicians. If you type in "Tahirih" you will discover that Tahirih Justice Center executives and staff donated $3,925, mostly to Obama.

This is the new American mafia, and they don't need guns and bullets to enforce their corruption. They use sleazy lawyers who threaten to sue anyone who exposes them, and the IRS.

Does anyone get the picture here. It's all about money, and how taxpayers funds are being used to defeat Republicans and also to aid and abet illegal immigrants some of whom are likely criminals, scam artists and terrorists !!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:52:15 AM by bugman7 » Logged
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »

Certainly the Republicans are less influenced by feminism than the Democrats, but the difference is minimal.  Feminists usually manipulate them by framing their legislation in terms of women’s protection.

The Republicans have no real interest in ending illegal immigration.  The Republicans are the party that typically defends business interests.  It (illegal immigration) benefits business interests, lowers wages, increases profits for business interests, and allows them to evade labor and environmental laws.  This is why they have never made a serious attempt to curtail the practice.

Illegal immigration benefits feminists, because it provides a source of cheap domestic labor for them in the form of impoverished foreign women.  When career women marry men with careers, the domestic labor is never divided equally between them; it is borne by domestic servant women who are employed to fill the need.  This is women’s empowerment at the expense of other women.  This is why feminist groups want comprehensive immigration reform.

The main target should be people in the media who have no vested interest in illegal immigration.  They may start to publicize the damage that this policy (immigration amnesty) is having on Americans and their rights.  Illegal immigration hurts impoverished Americans more than any other group in society.  Unfortunately, they do not have a voice, because they do not have the financial means or organization to affect public policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: