Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
September 24, 2017, 04:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New York Times Article for PUBLIC Discussion  (Read 21579 times)
steve

« on: October 18, 2006, 03:38:23 PM »

OK -- PROJECT NEW YORK TIMES IS OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC TO READ AND COMMENT.

Very tedious work to move and get everything under the right Username. Please be sure you post where you want to post. I won't be doing this type of task again anytime soon.

The discussion starts below with VeteransAbroad post
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:18:03 PM by steve » Logged
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

Here is the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/us/17brides.html?ex=1176436800&en=167eec1efe953fcb&ei=5070

"Mr. Weaver, for all his exasperation over the wait, acknowledges that providing the extra information required by the law may be warranted. So does Ms. Meza."

“If men are investigated it will be good for all women,” Ms. Meza said. “But when you are in love and want to go there, you get desperate.”

This New York Times reporter, by using the code-word "acknowledges", is saying that he, the reporter, agrees with IMBRA as being warranted.

And what the hell does the reporter mean by "Extra Information"? He's lying to his readers, making it seem like its always been a legal practice for other information to be required by the government for two people to say hello to each other.

I spoke with this guy for 2.5 hours. The main lesson I've learned from this is that I should have directly asked "are you ok with this law. Nobody can be neutral." This guy wasn't neutral.

But then the New York Times really is a left wing rag that rarely reports on any subject fairly. He wouldn't have a job there if he could really be fair.

-----------------------

The good thing about the article is that, although the reporter made it clear that he was personally for IMBRA, he did give Dave Root two paragraphs. That is more than the New Mexican reporter did, whom the New York Times reporter basically copied in terms of story line and use of the word "acknowledged" to show the feminists that the reporter is pro-IMBRA.

Many guys like me could easily have been unaware of IMBRA over the past 9 months (I only found out because I was subscribed to one particular bride site that sent out a broadcast email with the famous ifeminist article on February 17th). Many guys like me, therefore, will read about IMBRA for the first time now that the New York Times has printed the story.

If I read that article and learned about IMBRA for the first time today, I would see right through the reporter's "Relax, this law is OK although a little inconvient for some divorced losers" theme and get furious about my rights being taken away.

I never would have read or heard about the New Mexican article or any other article, including the great ifeminist article, if it hadn't been for me being on that obscure mailing list (the email was probably in my spam box). Note that AFA never sent out a broadcast email to its members and thousands of members may not have tried to contact a woman in the 3 months that the site has been "IMBRA compliant".

Eduardo Porter has done us a huge favor in bringing the story mainstream...despite Eduardo's clear attempt to convince everyone that the main guy he interviewed is "acknowledged" that he was OK with IMBRA but just inconvenienced about the visa delay.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:59:39 PM by tristan » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
steve

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »

Your link is stilll not working well for me, Vet. Use the link at top under Latest News if you want to read the article.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 04:08:43 PM »

It was much better than the Santa Flush (I lived in Santa Fe for 3 years so I can use this local slang) article. I think ANY and EVERY article that talks about IMBRA is a good thing regardless of the slant.

People in this country need to be made aware of IMBRA and any heterosexual man with half a brain can see what is going on. This is why TJC have been suppressing media knowledge of it. They probably didn't know this article was going to be published otherwise you can be assured Layli would have made an appearance with more lies and TJC "facts and stats." She probably would have tried to get Dave's statement removed.

The part for concern, which I've brought up previously, was the line  "The law, known as the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act, or Imbra, is intended to give foreign women and THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT more information about the men who seek so-called mail-order brides."

NO "secret" there idiots! They are ordinary heterosexual men who are sick and tired of dealing with a 50 % divorce rate, greedy self-centered American women and the UN-REGULATED radical feminist groups like TAHIRIH JUSTICE CENTER and NOW who are brainwashing them!

You know, about half the men in America! What are you going to do, lock them up and torture them for thinking such "terroristic" thoughts?

And just exactly how will Big Brother obtain this info and what do they plan on doing with it?

"The guy doesn't have to be a predator," Mr. Randy Miller said. "He wants to be the king of the house and buys into the promotional claim that he can get a more traditional woman in Russia, she will cook dinner and have sex and otherwise shut up. And he is taken aback when the woman is outspoken and has opinions and wants to get a job."

I still think this guy is Layli's evil twin. Those are HER words. Apparently this money hungry crook can't think for himself. I have to assume if he isn't gay and is married, his wife doesn't cook or have sex with him and can't stop nagging! No wonder he is so full of hate! He thinks all guys should have to share his fate!

Hmmmm. My link didn't work either. Maybe Layli went to work and got it deleted.

Steve, your link worked okay though.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

My link strangely goes to the version of the article that asks people to register with the NYTimes.

This is what they say as the abstract of the article that would entice people to register and read it:

"A new law, intended to protect women from potential abuse, makes a process more difficult."

I trusted this guy to be at least fair.

And, considering how long this "gentleman" spoke with Natasha Spivack on the phone, he has just gone and spit in her face.

Believe me, this New York Times reporter spoke a lot with Natasha on the phone about the Encounters Case.

He is, like a Time Magazine reporter before him, actively involved in covering the story up.

But, like I said before, he wouldn't have his job if he were into being fair.

Pinky made it very clear that she had the New York Times in her pocket.

I swear, this whole IMBRA mess is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

My second favorite dating website is British and it ignores IMBRA, so although it is a tragedy that AFA knuckled under, this is less a personal issue to me than it is like watching a train crash in the distance that contains my fellow countrymen.

Although I agree that it would have been worse for this reporter to have not written at all about the subject, this male reporter for the New York Times just intellectually drove his train over a cliff, deliberately trying to take more people with him via use of manipulative language like "acknowledged" and "extra information."

Judge Cooper can make him look bad and save our country despite itself, but I will not be able to erase from my mind the imagery of this male New York Times reporter doing what he just did, the 19 year old male Wikipedia cheat helping his fundraiser mom last month, and the male judge Thomas Rose saying the Supreme Court has never held a fundamental liberty interest in meeting foreigners.

I have been seeing too many pussified American males on the wrong side on this matter.

It makes a permanent impression.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 04:21:49 PM »

Veteran,

Unless I'm mistaken it is AGAINST British law to give out people's criminal background on English sites! Just the opposite of America's IMBRA!

Maybe they can invade us again but only free us this time!
Sluggo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »

The reporter chose to feature an American man whose wife left him for "a younger man who liked to dance."  He could have chosen a worse example.  This one is not bad.  He quoted the man saying AWs are "self-centered, competitive and too critical."  This was good, too.

But here is one way he failed.  He said in that "estimates based on the 1999 government report suggested that one third to one half of these visas were for women who had met their American partners through matchmaking brokers.

I think this is one of the points in the TJC FAQ where the footnote to the point explains that they derived this information from counting web pages.  This is hardly the kind of research that the reporter should be citing.  I am going to write to Eduardo about it.  It is too esoteric to write a letter to the editor about.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman,

Eduardo Porter apologized for an article that his editors completely rearranged to fit their agenda!

Eduardo Porter did not write the article the New York Times said he wrote.

I apologize for slamming him in the above text.

Adam Weaver, the man depicted in the article, is very upset about the way the worst possible photos of him were used and his words were twisted to fit the feminist agenda of the NY Times editors.

Any letter to the editor should ask why the editors rearranged the original story.

But, then, we know now that the editors will not print the letters. Eduardo was on our side. But it didn't help with his feminist bosses.

Go to VisaJourney.com and find the thread on the NYTimes Article. You will see people commenting like I expected: they were saying that this Adam Weaver was some creepy old guy who wanted a submissive third world wifey. The photos in the article were really bad and gave this impression.

But then Adam Weaver came online and gives the following report.

Here is what Adam says about the New York Times article that was about him:

Well folks, I don't know what to say about this except that some of you VJ'ers warned me NOT TO TALK TO THE NEW YORK TIMES!!! You were right. The article is about me and is COMPLETELY TWISTED INTO B.S.!!!!!!

I can tell you that I met the reporter in person face to face, we talked for two hours and then he took me to dinner. EVERY single quote attributed to me is either twisted, or taken completely out of context. There is of course some truth to it. I am divorced. I am not bitter like I was made out to be. It is true that I don't want to have a relationship with someone with children again. I have my reasons.

The pictures they used are the worst possible pictures of me. They failed to mention:

Yesenia speaks fluent English and put herself through classes for two years prior to meeitng me.
Yesenia has a college degree in Business Administration.
Yesenia has her own business in Colombia and is NOT some poor girl looking for any man to take her away from a difficult life.
Yesenia has her own business there and takes care of herself. I did buy her a computer so we could talk more easliy, but the way they say it is as if I'm purchasing a bride.
I have talked to her EVERY day for over a year now. She's had many other offers. I've even told her from DAY ONE, that if she ever had second thoughts, all she had to do is tell me. I would NEVER want her to feel "stuck" with me. She loves me and I love her. I am NOT some creepy middle aged guy like you might think. You can think that if you like, it's not my problem.

The funny thing is, Yesenia is such a positive person that she won't care about the way this reads. She knows how she feels about me and I know how I feel about her.

In closing, I will say this, I got an email from the reporter BEFORE I even knew the story was in the paper apologizing. Here is what he had to say to me today at 10:41 AM:

Hey Adam,

FYI -- a version of the story is in today's paper. I can't say I'm too proud of it. It was cut in half by my editors and stuffed into the paper at the last minute. A bit of a disappointment, really. But it's there.

Anyway, all the best for you and Yesenia.

Eduardo

I'd say that about sums up the fact that the story didn't come out the way it was meant to be.

For the record, I apologize to anyone who has experienced any stress as a result of this story. I had hoped for something completely different. In fact, if you go to the audio/multimedia link, you can hear an interview with her and I over the phone, we don't sound like the story reads at all.

ALSO, the quote attributed to Sam Smith is taken out of context. I spoke to him today and he was flabbergasted!

Adam

NewTaylor
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »

The article could have been worse than it was.  It is sad that Eduardo Porter and Adam Weaver did not get to publish the story that they wanted to.  The feminists unfortunately have a great deal of power in the Democratic Party, so a liberal newspaper will give in to their demands.

The good news is that 50% of people don’t believe in the mainstream media anyway (they think that the news is biased).  People are increasingly relying on the Internet for their information.  If you have ever searched for IMBRA on the Internet, most of the information is against the law.  Many of the articles that are against the law are very well written.

IMBRA isn't fair:  ?
steve

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 04:36:18 PM »

The media twisting the truth is nothing new. I remember years ago (over 10) I read this story about a gentleman who went on a  Murray Povich  show concerning Mail Order Brides. What a tragedy. Here is the story if you care to read:

[iFrame]http://www.jeffreyleehollis.com/mauryp.html[/iFrame]

Vet here is the link to the Maury Povitch segment

By the way I talked to Jeff a few times by email. Super guy. HVX, he is into video also. I would have to go back and read, but I believe he produces, directs or something. You may want to contact him. Super nice guy

Steve
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:38:58 PM by steve » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: