Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
September 24, 2017, 04:49:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New York Times Article for PUBLIC Discussion  (Read 21582 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »

Folks, you are not going to believe this.

Tonight I was at a cafe and saw a fresh edition of the International Herald Tribune which is the New York Times' European Edition.

I flipped through the pages and quickly found "Eduardo's" article.

THEY HAD CUT EVERYTHING DAVE ROOT SAID AND REPLACED IT WITH AN IRRELEVANT ACCOUNT OF KATRINA BRUCOT, THE RUSSIAN WIFE WHO WAS STALKED BY THAT GUY SHERIDAN WHO WAS SHOT BY POLICE (irrelevant because it says nothing more than the story about the guy who went into an Amish school two weeks ago and shot all those kids).

These New York Times editors know no shame.

They must have figured that internationally travelling American men and english speaking European men would have a more sensitive radar to what Dave Root said (about the government not having the right to interfere in the process of saying hello to a foreign woman).

So they really had to tone down what was already a horribly biased mutant article yesterday.

Still...a raft of American men in Europe will now start asking questions. Most American males in Europe vote(d) Republican and don't trust the New York Slimes. The quote about cocaine being easier to get into the USA than a fiance is still front and center...and that will be enough to trip the wires of alarm.

Does anyone know if the print edition of the New York Times yesterday carried Dave Root's comments?

Are Dave Root's comments still on the online edition, or have they already been replaced by the irrelevant account of a Russian wife being stalked by that guy Sheridan?

Newbies: Please sign on at VisaJourney.com and follow the NYTimes article post. Be polite but take offense if anyone tries to use words like "We're innocent. We didn't meet online" which is what some American women (engaged to foreign men) are always saying over at VisaJourney.com.

OMG

I didn't notice!!

YES, Please make this a public forum.

We just wasted all that great discussion on ourselves? :-(

The Maury Povitch post was just between a few guys?

I just blogged the Maury Povitch story along with the new information about the International Herald Tribune further "editting" Eduardo Porter's article.

Folks (those of you reading this when it goes public): It takes two seconds to post a blog. Please, everyone start a blog and just post your thoughts. They will end up on search engine results and more people will read this forum.

Do add comments on current events, because they are hot search engine keywords by definition.

So, for instance, a European Parliament conservative minister just announced that everyone's kids need to be forcibly examined by doctors for signs of parental abuse...after the media started a campaign of writing stories about bad parents. That kind of stuff is relevant.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Lestat
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

I saw this on Gary Bala's site:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]A re-print of the NY Times article has been published, this time captioned:

"U.S. Law miffs Internet Romeos"

[/quote]

This is a much shorter version and left out much of the content from the original article.  Some notable deletions/changes include:

1) Dave Root's statement was deleted
  2) The pussified remarks from Sam Brownbeck and Randall Miller were left out.
  3) Added the word "rightly" to the quote:
      "The new law has angered many men, however, who rightly argue that there is no definitive evidence    that violence is more likely to take place in an international marriage arranged on the Internet."
  4)Weaver's comment about American women being "self-centered" and "too critical" was left out.

Overall, a rather tepid, edited version compared to what could have been a more charged and informative piece by Eduardo Porter if the editors did not mess with it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:17:56 PM by Lestat » Logged

Visit my Blog, Thoughts On IMBRA And Foreign Women at: ?

Subscribe to my IMBRA blog -- RSS Link is:

IMBRA is a scornful feminist response to international romance
Chuck

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »

I just read that Jeffrey Lee Hollisn story above. That is something and it was in 1998 they had this attitude. Glad to see the audiance seem to side with Jeffrey and his wife. Shame on the media for picking on a girl who seem to be in love with Jeffrey but they (media) tried to make something else out of it. Now I hate that show.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »

What drives all of this is that, for millions of years, women haven't really liked it at all that, as they got older, men their own age would be interested in younger women.

This is one of the primary reasons why matriarchal societies don't work (and why democracies wouldn't work without judicial systems to overrule them). In  matriarchal societies (Victorianism and modern America), the older women will do what they can to stop men from doing what comes naturally. In democracies, if women are 51% of the population, they can vote to control men and stop them from dating younger women.

I am sure patriarchal societies dominated like they did for thousands of years because the older men wanted to hold on to their social (sexual) prerogatives. The overthrow of the patriarchy has, as its prime directive, the end of wealthy older businessmen dating college students.

This goal must be fought of course. It must be stopped cold. The IMBRA court decision will, hopefully, slam the door shut on it. Remember that 10 pages of the 98 page Tahirih Justice Center rant in the EC case...was a request that the court agree that regulation of age difference relationships is necessary (a court precedent needed to be set that said age difference relationships are dangerous and need regulation).

These relationships are dangerous...but to the older woman who could be losing her husband or boyfriend to a younger woman.

Jeffrey Hollis didn't tell us the age difference in his marriage, but I will assume it is a reasonable 20 years.

The Tahirih Justice Center women have made it very clear that their main hatred of "Mail Order Brides" is that they are younger than they are.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:17:22 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Lestat
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »

I agree that we need to defend our rights to marry young foreign women, even if there are large age differences.  Older men naturally desire youth, beauty and devotion in women and many foreign ladies seeking American husbands have abundance of these qualities.  I am one of these lucky men who dated and married a young Russian woman 21 years my junior.  

To be frank about it, American women, as they age, become much more unattractive and undesirable - they rapidly lose that "cuteness" factor....  Maria Cantwell would be a good example of this.   This is in direct contrast to American men, who seem to age with more grace and dignity and they don't lose their "looks" as fast as middle-age women.  Thus, affluent, older American gentlemen are rather highly desired by young, foreign babes...  this is one of the "inequalities" that these older women are hysterical about and hence, IMBRA.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:01:46 PM by Lestat » Logged

Visit my Blog, Thoughts On IMBRA And Foreign Women at: ?

Subscribe to my IMBRA blog -- RSS Link is:

IMBRA is a scornful feminist response to international romance
jerry

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Jeffrey Hollis didn't tell us the age difference in his marriage, but I will assume it is a reasonable 20 years.
[/quote]

I read through his site.  In the part where he talks about the engagement he states that at the time of the first letter he received from her he was 29.  So even if we place her at 17 that would be a 12 year difference.  If I had to guess I would say maybe 9-10 years.

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:14:20 PM by jerry » Logged
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »

The age difference in the Hollis couple was not very much. However that is irrelevant. So what if they happened to be 20-35 years apart? Whose business is it except theirs? The main thing is that they are still married and happy which is a hell of a lot more than you can say for American marriages where most of the  couples are the same age!

Always keep in mind that role model of modern American women and their goals, Anna Nichole Smith, the whore stripper who married a man 50 years her senior just to get his money! As NOW would say "You go girl!"

You don't hear ANY squawking from feminist groups when a rich OLD man marries a MUCH younger American bimbo who is just out for his money! I wonder why?
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:28:30 AM »

Frank,

That is correct. The victim fems absolutely love it when the age-diff relationship turns out to be only a con job on the part of the woman. That is when they say "You go girl".

And this is why they want to convince foreign brides to fraudulently accuse their husbands of abuse. The fems aren't consciously thinking "Let's commit fraud", but they are thinking "Let's see some betrayal...let's see some punishment to the man for wanting a younger woman." The pathos runs so deep that the American feminist completely ignores the fraud involved in the betrayal.

Now, for any American women reading this, I do not agree with the comments about American women (in general) aging ungracefully.

I think there are plenty of great looking American women in their forties, fifties and even sixties and a lot have great attitudes.

But the Russian competition is insanely beautiful with amazingly great attitudes.

For me, IMBRA tries to force me to accept "great" instead of "amazing". IMBRA won't work.

Meanwhile, regarding my AFA test, the second woman I wrote to still has not read her email or she saw the AFA email saying some guy (Pseudonym) had a letter for her but she read the small print and got scared off...without having had the chance to see my photo or personality. AFA has a form letter for guys who complain about a non-response that misses the point: they say "maybe she was not interested in you."

But the fact is that the woman never saw anything about the guy. He was blocked from saying "hello." So AFA is not telling the truth when they use that excuse in their form letter.

In fact, I believe the American industry is going to try to survive by convincing its individual customers that most of the women aren't interested in them but they should keep trying because the odds are still better than with a domestic dating site. In other words, companies that comply with IMBRA will try to survive by lowering their customers' expectations and self esteem...by saying "she probably didn't answer because she wasn't interested in you"...when, in fact, the whole problem was the scary small print that the woman had to agree with before she could even see a man's photo and intro letter.

I will quit my membership at AFA and wait for Judge Cooper's decision. Then, depending on the wording of the decision, I will ask AFA to stop complying altogether or at least send the photo and intro letter to the woman at the same time as the IMBRA background form.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:39:38 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

johnreeds
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »

Quote from: VeteransAbroad
I have been seeing too many pussified American males on the wrong side on this matter.
It makes a permanent impression.
And therein lies one of the roots of the problem. Until American men get their balls back, or at least wake up to the fact that they have lost them, then probably things will continue to degenerate.  

I still think the fundamental roots are (1) economics and (2) demographics.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 05:30:32 AM »

I have a theory about this law.  I think the feminists tried unsuccessfully to shut down the "mail-order bride" industry in 1999 with their INS study.  They failed because they had one big problem.  They couldn't produce statistics to verify that "mail-order" marriages were a "problem".  They even admitted it!

So, they trumped up a "need" to have the business regulated, using a few sensationalized news stories.  Now the government collects information on everyone who marries through an IMO.  Guess what, now they have their statistics!  You can bet their going to do another study on "abuse", this time with all the IMBRA-collected information.  This time they will present statistics, EVEN IF THE INFORMATION IS FUDGED.  Remember the "second-hand smoke" study in the 1980's?  Now smoking is banned everyone but your own car!

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: