Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
May 27, 2017, 12:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to hire foreigners to fight IMBRA  (Read 5163 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:12:30 PM »

In the two days before my girlfriend arrived from Russia (no visa necessary in non-fascist countries), I got into a two day Wikipedia battle with the obdurate teenage offspring of a Tahirih fundraiser/volunteer Ruza Kolosi. The Wikipedia editors, mostly teenagers themselves, remained completely clueless that Tahirih will be getting millions of fundraising benefits from having a laudatory Wikipedia article about them.

But the teenager, an Albanian immigrant whose family probably had a favor done to it by Tahirih, had every chance of winning the battle because he lives completely in cyberspace. It would take a manual laborer at a low salary to be able to keep up with him:

1) He has no job nor, at 19, any prospect of getting one...except whatever financial recompense he will get via his mother and Tahirih for this serious fundraising help. Compare that to most of the rest of us who are working full-time on careers more interesting than fighting a radical feminist organization that should never have gained any power at all.

2) He, according to his blog, has no interest in physical fitness: unlike men who are actively dating women (foreign or otherwise), this guy won't want to take 4 hours off to lift weights and go swimming or do other sports over the weekend.

3) Consequently, the 19 year old male probably won't be finding a girlfriend to divert his attention from his pro-IMBRA activity. This, by definition, contrasts with the anti-IMBRA people most of whom are actively involved not only in relationships and communication with others, but involved in the more complicated activity of traveling around the world and learning other languages while being involved in relationships with foreigners or actively dating foreigners.

It would never even cross the mind of a pro-IMBRA teenager that his whole politically correct, pro-feminist, attitude is precisely what women are not attracted to. If the kid cannot get a girlfriend as the new college year starts, he will remain available to guard the Tahirih Wikipedia article (and other Wikipedia articles) 18 hours per day and he will probably take his meals while sitting in front of the screen that alerts him to whether any Wikipedia article he wrote will have a change done to it.

What the kid needs is a European girlfriend, or at least a European 19 year old female who can tell him online that she completely disagrees with him.

So beautiful European women: go to Virginia and seduce the men whose wives and mothers volunteer and work for Tahirih! ;-)

Seriously, it would be true justice if Mrs. Miller-Muro's husband left her for a Russian immigrant. ;-)

The above problem is also evident on political blogs all over the Internet. People with inactive social lives can afford to stick around forever and ridicule the doctors and lawyers and business execs who only really have the time to state their opinions and go.

Something who is very busy does not have the time to keep going to Wikipedia discussion pages or obscure blog comment sections to see if the opposition has put a word in edgewise or, as in the case of Wikipedia, completely and totally deleted any anti-IMBRA facts and concepts from public view.

Here is my point: WE NEED A 19 YEAR OLD GIRL TO DO BATTLE ON BLOGS, WRITE JOURNALISTS AND POLITICIANS, AND FIGHT BIAS ON WIKIPEDIA. But such women are struggling to get jobs and/or, like the Tahirih teenager, wouldn't be doing this without direction. It is simply the way the world works: the anti-IMBRA fight will require paid fighters.

Who can give a Russian teenager $400-$600 to get all over the Internet with an anti-IMBRA presence?

Using facts and honesty to harm the Tahirih fundraising efforts this month is of paramount importance.

If you have any ideas, email me at veteran at veteransabroad.com.

I am shocked that AFA hasn't hired one of its hundreds of interpreters for $400-$600 per month to sit in front of a computer and become a major presence.

That person or persons can get their direction from the person who organized them, as well as check in with Dave Root, Steve, Sluggo, Frank and myself for ideas and concepts with which to do their job more effectively.

This would leave me free not to waste my time battling teenagers at Wikipedia and idiots on right and left wing blogs who just don't get it.

Explaining IMBRA to people who don't understand it takes time and is grunt work that needs to be done by paid employees of the anti-IMBRA community.

Busy lawyers, doctors and executives don't have the bandwidth to personally explain IMBRA to countless individuals, nor argue with those who play games on Wikipedia.

This is manual labor.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
steve

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 12:33:39 PM »

Jim

Maybe it's because I'm not a Wikipedia expert, but I was quite confused after reading your post. Maybe a few well placed links would help clarify.

Is Wikipedia really that big of a political vehicle? Which brings up another question. You mention about hiring someone to get the word out. What are some of the places you consider important for getting the word out on the net. Obviously, major news networks, etc, would be great, but probably we don't have the political influence to get their attention. But if we are talking about bombarding websites that have a major political influence, I wouldn't know which sites they would be.
Sluggo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:32:26 AM »

Steve,

When one is involved in a multifacited fight such as the fight against IMBRA, it's impossible to predict which tactics will bring success or any measure of success.  So I agree with Veteran that it is important for Tahirih Justice Center to be described correctly in Wikipedia.  After all, this encyclopedia is becoming more popular by the day and more relied on by literate, educated people.  Precisely the ones driving the IMBRA debate.

Regarding hiring a staffmember to perform many tasks needed to fight IMBRA, I have this to say.  IMBRA is just the first battle.  The war against men has been going on for some time now and it will continue after IMBRA is defeated.  Tahirih is not going to roll up and go away.  They will expand the fight to the states, or try to get new legislation passed, or...

I am unaware of any men's group supporting and defending men's rights and one is sorely needed in our society.  IMBRA can be the focus for the creation of such a group, but the group can and should include much broader issues that affect men in general, such as unfair divorce and custody laws, etc.

I have been on the board of directors of environmental groups. business groups, neighborhood groups.  I did an internship in college as a lobbyist.  I have obtained 501c3 tax exempt status for a dozen nonprofits.   I want to recruit board members, right here and now, for the creation of a national men's group.  Our first order of business will be to raise money from donors (I think the IMBs should give healthily) to hire a single staffmember to fight IMBRA.   There are at any one time hundreds or thousands of out-of-work activists in Washington we can hire to get started.   Our second order of business will be to look towards the larger issues affecting men and to seek funding from the same government sources that fund Tahirih.  

Anyone interested in serving on the board please contact me by using the private email feature on this website.  I am expecting Veteran and Dave Root to be boardmembers.

Sluggo
steve

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »

Sluggo

Not sure how this all works, but you are talking about forming some kind of association, right? That is what AODA did. But I agree with you. I remeber when I was looking for help in fighting IMBRA, how pitiful my search results where when I was looking for an male organization on the same level as TJC.  There is nothing even close on the same level as TJC.

Not sure about your computer skills, but if you need the sever space for your own site I may be able to help there. Another thought is when I get the blog module installed for this forum, you basically will have your own domain link to your blog without having to deal with the creation or upkeep of a site.

Cheers
Steve
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 01:55:21 AM »

ALso: One person has emailed me saying that, on the next trip to Moscow, the hunt will be on for people with teenagers who speak great English and who can work on this full-time. But Steve at AFA knows at least 100 interpreters who speak excellent English.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: