Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
September 25, 2017, 10:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Imbra Causes Death Of Woman In India  (Read 59631 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »

And remember that Sluggo was already married to a great woman when she was recently re-entering the USA for the third time and a border guard said "it says on my computer that you met your husband on the Internet".

This was a lie. It said nothing of the sort on his computer because the two did not meet on the Internet.

But he was trying to trip her up in case she had lied on her original marriage application.

This was pure harrassment. She should have taken note of his name.

The border guard was NOT trying to protect her. He was trying to treat her like a second class immigrant because she was originally not from a first world country.

But she was from an upper middle class East European background.

This sounds like something out of late 1930s Germany like "it says here that your grandmother was half-Jewish".

That kind of behavior by border guards has to stop and quickly. They only get away with it now because the men who date and marry foreign women are mostly upper middle class men who have busy careers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:44:02 PM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 01:30:13 PM »

Is this morally right?  Women from poor countries go to America with very little knowledge about their prosepctive spouses.  They are taking great risks.  They could go be going to visit a rapist. They could be going to visit a murderer.  Should there be no protection for them?

This sounds like Susie Hodges. First of all, you are assuming that women do not get to know their partner for years and maybe he will live in her country for a few months before they ever think of getting married and going back to the USA.

The length of time people knew each other IN PERSON is a legitimate factor for a visa officer at an Embassy to consider in making a visa.

But right now, the government is treating all applicants for visas the same and doing some radical background checks that cause immense delays.

It is possible that they have only been radical in their searches for the past year in order to gather evidence on whether people who checked "I met her on an IMB" had worse backgrounds than the people who did not check that box.

In any case, the harrassment of people who marry foreigners, only a fraction of whom meet on the Internet, has got to stop soon.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 01:33:19 PM »

In other words, the IMBRA law can be rewritten to persecute people at the visa level who have not spent at least 30 days physically in each other's presence.

But this would require erasing the entire law and starting again.

Such a law would not get a squawk out of me.

tristan
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »

JoJo,

Yes, some of us have read the bill. 

You failed to mention any reason that a man should have a criminal background check done before he can email a woman abroad, yet this is what the law requires.

Yes, we are sensible here.  But it is not sensible to require that a man seeking penpals must give his criminal report to a woman abroad.  What if that woman is really a Nigerian scammer?  Why is it sensible to require a man to provide highly personal information to a complete stranger for email communication?

Will you agree that this is not sensible?

We could start a discussion from this point.  Please respond.

And I disagree with Veteran's guess that 90% of the people never meet and 99% never marry.  I know many men who write for years to dozens and sometimes hundreds of woman and never go abroad and never meet anyone.  I think that fewer people meet and marry this way than he predicts.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 04:08:02 PM »

Yes. I am sure the statistics are probably lower than I said. I said that only 10% of people who write to each other ever meet.

It is probably less than 5% or maybe even lower.

And then of those who meet, only a small percentage ever marry where the foreigner moves to the USA.

Which means that it is ridiculous to consider two people saying hello online to be almost married with the foreigner practically ready to jump to the USA. However that is how the IMBRA law now defines people who say hello.

tristan
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

Jojo,

I am waiting for your reply.  ALL of us are waiting for your reply, and that includes many guests who cannot be identified and who could be men like me or women like you.

Jojo,  ANYONE has freedom to speak here.  I have the power to censor anyone who expresses views different from mine, BUT I NEVER DO IT.   Nor do I attack people personally who come here to express their views.   

You are welcome to condemn me and the other men who post here, you can write a long letter about how we don't care about women, OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO WRITE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

But just do one thing.  Just answer my question.

Because if you won't continue the discussion, I can only conclude that you are afraid.  You are afraid of logic and reason.  I can only conclude you are acting out of pure emotion.  Emotion based on ?, but not based on facts.  I can only conclude that you know that this law is wrong, but you are not willing to admit it, you are not willing to admit that this law, or at least the part that requires a criminal background check in order to send an email to a woman in the UK, is wrong.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:09:11 AM by tristan » Logged

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 02:35:32 AM »

Because JoJo is British, she almost violated IMBRA by speaking to American men online without first getting our background checks and specifically signing off on each one.

ODR would only need to declare itself an "Open Forum for Discussion of Social Issues with Foreigners" and charge 1 cent per year fees to members in order to come under IMBRA.

Then it would not be "she almost violated IMBRA" but "she did violate IMBRA".

IMBRA takes JoJo's rights away as a British woman who would want to communicate with American men online (when the website declares itself internationally oriented).

By the way, the background checks before being able to say hello are actually not that logistically troublesome. But the written approval from the foreigner is extremely troublesome because it causes the foreigner confusion and it causes the foreigner to think "where is this person's photograph?" and it makes everything impossible for a foreigner with no email and with only a telephone or postal address.

IMBRA would be impossible without new technology.

Somebody needs to get a general court ruling against new technology taking rights away that otherwise could not be taken away.

I still believe that Judge Cooper's ruling may not be enough to get "Americans who travel" off the persecution list in Congress. I have already listed elsewhere how Congress is joyfully recognizing that they can make laws like age of consent laws that only the individual US states have a right to make for their own residents.

Congress has decided that Americans overseas can be governed as "federal subjects" belong to no US state. We need a federal court to declare this concept to be bullshit.

sig44

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 06:28:02 AM »

dear tristan, after the civil war, the north wanted to charge jefferson davis w/ treason but couldn't because the states had the right to seceed from the union. the 14th amendment was cooked up and passed by the gov't making everybody a slave to wash inc. in 1811, the supreme court declared the u.s. gov't a corp. we're nothing but corp chattel. (w)itches included. they're next. see also lieber code; 1861
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 06:50:44 AM »

Please be more specific

sig44

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »

as per which part-slaves-citizenship. laws controling u.s. citizens wherever they are. you might wanna read The Constitution of No Authority by Lysander Spooner. if a "judge" rules that an american has no inherant right to meet a foreigner, on what basis does that ruling stand? thats why i say the 9th amendment should be included in any court case involving constitutional rights as opposed to civil (snivel) rights. what are the differences between the two? if the judges don't like the 9th, thats too bad, its there. countries operating under civil law can change the "civil rights" of "their" citizens at any time, as opposed to common law countries. rsvp tnx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: