Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
March 30, 2017, 02:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imbra Causes Death Of Woman In India  (Read 57354 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The Ninth Amendment was designed to protect other Amendments from being changed by future laws. Examples of such future laws are Prohibition or censorship laws, such as defamation, obscenity, etc. that limit or undo absolute Freedom of Speech. The Ninth Amendment protects natural (inalienable) rights, including unwritten natural rights, such as the right to eat, sleep, breathe, make and raise children, etc. that nature grants to animals too. In other words, it is a general freedom law to counter any attempts by government to create new laws that counter old laws, or take away any freedoms, written or unwritten. This is why the Ninth Amendment is often used by legislators to prevent new bills that take away human rights from becoming laws. It is also used by defense attorneys to protect a person who has broken a new law that takes away a human right.

As usual, the Wikipedia editor in charge of the "9th Amendment" is arguing with people who don't want their rights taken away (I am linking here to the Discussion Page and not the Article Page but you can find the Article by clicking on the tab):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ninth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Regarding the modern published book "No Treason" of which the old Civil War manuscript "No Treason: A Constitution of No Authority", Lysander Spooner was thought of as an anarchist and opened his book with this:

"If they had intended to bind their posterity to live under it [the Constitution], they should have said that their object was, not 'to secure to them the blessings of liberty,' but to make slaves of them; for if their 'posterity' are bound to live under it, they are nothing less than the slaves of their foolish, tyrannical, and dead grandfathers."

He goes on to ask when we human beings ever agreed to live under the US Constitution...and for modern world travelers, this would now be a burning question.

I am no anarchist, but outside the USA, I "agree" in some sort of "social contract" with my fellow Americans only to be bound by actual treason laws.

Otherwise, even though the Constitution should be protecting me several different ways against the bizarre IMBRA law, the laws of whatever country I am in determine whom I am allowed to say hello to or not.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:38:35 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
sig44

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

9th basicly, "your rights end where my nose begins". noone has the right to put upon you laws regulations obligations that restricts your freedom. what is freedom? what are your freedoms? they're not "black or white". who has the power to limit the scope of freedom?
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »

I started a new topic on the 9th Amendment.

Your mention of this subject is brilliant, like Frank Johnson's mention of the Expatriation Act of 1907.

Too bad the EC Lawyer just uses his opportunities to speak by saying that Tahirih is acting in bad faith. He could have added zingers like "Expatriation Act" and "9th Amendment".

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
sig44

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

dear vet, you're the brilliant pebble here, i'm just a box of rocks
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »

No seriously, you just came up with the best argument against IMBRA since Frank mentioned the Expatriation Act of 1907 in October. All I did was an Amazon and Google search.

I just wish that the EC lawyer was reading ODR.

Or at least the 11th Circuit Appeals Judges and Supreme Court judges.

I have a strong feeling that, before the Supreme Court rules on IMBRA, a number of judges will have been reading ODR.

sig44

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »

i'm no lawyer, but in my opinion, cases such as imbra should only be predicated on the 9th. if others are involved, it affords "judges" the opportunity to rule in theadverse of other amendments, & further restrict our rights. will they rule in the adverse upon 1st hearing, probably. what then, next step until all te way up. now they're stuck. they'll either have to acknowledge it, or strip us of all rights. theirs too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: