Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
April 26, 2017, 07:45:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mail-Order Brides" and Feminist Presumptions  (Read 75384 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

Here is a recommendation for cross-examining Suzanne Jackson, law professor at George Washington University if she gets to testify in the EC Case:

1) "Did you ever have a relationship with a man who looked at a website with foreign women on it at any time during the relationship? Remember, you are under oath."

"No, of course not. My husband would never do that. He believes in relationships between equals because he is strong and nuturing and yada yada."

2) "Do you mean that the kind of man you would have a relationship would never do such a thing as to look at the competition?"

"Objection" cries Randall Miller of Arnold & Porter. "This has nothing to do with the case".

Goldberg replies "On the contrary your honors, we have reason to believe that this woman is acting in her own personal interest by appearing here. There is every reason to believe that, if she has had heterosexual relationships with men in the last ten years, one or more of those men has perused a website with largely foreign women on it. This socalled "expert" would, therefore, be biased and interested in stopping that behavior."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:16:17 PM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:53 AM »

I understand Veterans’ discussion about alpha and beta males.  I see things differently though.  It seems patently absurd that a well-educated, shy, vocationally successful man would be a wife-beater.  Even if the article that I read is correct about the so-called typical “web-order bride” client, it doesn’t make sense that that type of man would be physically abusive.  It was always my impression that it was the less educated men, who are more aggressive, that tend to beat up women.

In addition, if my memory serves me correctly, the University of Denver study that is often used to counter feminist claims about the so-called “marriage broker” industry stated that many of the “web-order brides” are risk takers.  That gives me the impression that they tend to be socially skilled.  This becomes problematic when you consider the fact that a large number of these women are using American men to gain permanent residency status and money here in the United States.

The more that I research this subject on my own, the more I am convinced that American men are the most likely to be taken advantage of.  The combination of a shy American man courting a “risk taker” foreign woman doesn’t seem like a good one.  I think that Dan Stein, the head of the Federation for American Immigration Reform stated it best:

“Immigration is the goal in many of these marriages.  It’s not to live in marital bliss.  (The man) is the sucker.  She knows what she’s doing and he gets hurt, and she walks.  Except now and then, something really bad happens.” [1]

In other words, most of the time when abuse does occur in "mail-order bride" marriages, it is the man who is being taken advantage of.  In a minority of cases though, the foreign woman gets hurt (sometimes badly). 

Reference:
1. Julie Hill Barton, "World Wide Wedlock: Russian Mail Order Brides on the Internet," Women in Mind,
http://www.southernct.edu/departments/womenscenter/wim/articles/mob.htm

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:00:46 AM by Taylor » Logged
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »

8% of foreign women who marry an American they met on the Internet are scammers.

This leaves 92% who are good people.

I have found that really bad people number 6-8% of any population.

It is true that all three of the "Mail Order Bride" murders (which need to be compared to 10,000 murders of American women in the same time period) were of women who had never been in love with their husband and who were using them for citizenship.

1) Anastasia King never loved the fat slob called Indle King
2) Korean Woman in Portland was coming over to join her friends and found a guy from Portland to con.
3) San Jose bride ignored her postal worker husband from the start and partied in San Francisco most nights.

They did not deserve to die, but neither did the 10,000 American brides who were killed over the same time period.

If feminists did not own the US Government, the "warning" given to women applying for marriage licenses in the USA or at foreign consulates would be to please not con anybody for the welfare of everyone concerned including yours.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:34:36 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Olga

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 04:45:36 PM »

One of the primary groups behind IMBRA was the Tahirih Justice Center.  Layli Miller-Muro is the executive director of this feminist human rights organization.  In describing the type of men who pursue foreign women through the auspices of the international dating agencies, the human rights group has made the following statement:

“The International Marriage Broker (IMB) industry (commonly known as "mail-order bride agencies") has grown dramatically in recent years, exploding in response to demands by American men for “traditional wives.” Many of the men who use IMBs intentionally seek women who do not speak English and whom they expect to be subservient.  Some of these men are violent predators who return to IMBs repeatedly to find their next victim.” [6]

What a rubbish  Grin

Statement of Layli Miller-Muro has proved that she knows nothing about (IMB) industry  Cheesy

First, an American man chooses as usual a woman with fluent English between a non English speaking  woman and woman who can speak English. There are many profiles on dating sites with  women who know foreign languages.  Yes, Dear Layli Miller-Muru, men want to create a family with traditional wives who are WOMEN, but not generals of an Army  Grin Men need to be loved and respected too!
My American husband is the best husband in the World and I'm treated by him with all his love and respect. If local women are not able to appreciate such attitudes of men, so men are naturally looking for a women in other places. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:50:43 PM by Olga » Logged

Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »

One of the primary groups behind IMBRA was the Tahirih Justice Center.  Layli Miller-Muro is the executive director of this feminist human rights organization.  In describing the type of men who pursue foreign women through the auspices of the international dating agencies, the human rights group has made the following statement:

“The International Marriage Broker (IMB) industry (commonly known as "mail-order bride agencies") has grown dramatically in recent years, exploding in response to demands by American men for “traditional wives.” Many of the men who use IMBs intentionally seek women who do not speak English and whom they expect to be subservient.  Some of these men are violent predators who return to IMBs repeatedly to find their next victim.” [6]

What a rubbish  Grin

Statement of Layli Miller-Muro has proved that she knows nothing about (IMB) industry  Cheesy

First, an American man chooses as usual a woman with fluent English between a non English speaking  woman and woman who can speak English. There are many profiles on dating sites with  women who know foreign languages.  Yes, Dear Layli Miller-Muru, men want to create a family with traditional wives who are WOMEN, but not generals of an Army  Grin Men need to be loved and respected too!
My American husband is the best husband in the World and I'm treated by him with all his love and respect. If local women are not able to appreciate such attitudes of men, so men are naturally looking for a women in other places. 

I agree.  It is much easier to deal with women who can speak English.  I think American men prefer foreign women who speak English 

Olga is correct as well in why men look to women in other countries.  They want a wife that treats them well, and doesn't view them (the husband) as a means for a potential alimony payment after a divorce settlement.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »

The following quotation is from the Internet site NoMarriage.com, and I think it aptly points out what Olga is talking about:

A huge percentage of American women are selfish, flighty, insecure, needy and psychotic, and quite capable of concealing those traits during the dating phase

White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back….

I will go one step further and differentiate between Western women vs. non-Western women. This is not just an American phenomenon, most women in Western countries have that cold, bitchy, superficial, stuck up attitude. A lot of Western women hold themselves as the pure center of the relationship. If the men don't fit a rigid and unrealistic criteria or she doesn't feel the man can take care of her enough (even if she has a higher paying job) then she will drop him like a hot potato, regardless of his character or commitment to the relationship.

Popular Myth: Western men looking for foreign wives are only seeking subservient slaves.

Truth: Most Western men today are evolved and modern and truly believe in the 50/50 system. Most Western men are dismayed by the lack of sincerity of Western women. I can do my own laundry and cooking thank you!

Yes, Latin American and Eastern European women do make better mates because both come from more conservative and family oriented cultures where relationships and commitment are actually revered.
[1]

Reference:
1.   NoMarriage.com, Only Marry Foreign Women,
http://nomarriage.com/why_foreign_women_are_better.html

frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »

Can you imagine how subservient the poor queer lesbian "volunteers" at Tahirih Justice Center must be in order for Layli to be able to RECRUIT them?

Isn't that right, submissive "volunteers?"

What's the matter? Layli got your tongue? Ha Ha

Enjoy your Sunday toilet buffets while Layli racks in lots of money and eats steak while laughing at you.

Ever get the feeling you are being used? You should because you are.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »

I know this is an old post, but I feel compelled to reply.

“Immigration is the goal in many of these marriages.  It’s not to live in marital bliss.  (The man) is the sucker.  She knows what she’s doing and he gets hurt, and she walks.  Except now and then, something really bad happens.”  [1]

I would be very careful about assuming this statement to be true.  Just as there is little evidence to prove that women in large numbers are being taken advantage of, the inverse is also true.  We can't claim with certainty that large numbers of men are being suckered either.  To do so will also jeopardize your freedom to seek love abroad, as I'm sure more government nannies would love to come out of the woodwork with additional new laws to "curb" the "problem" of "mail order brides".  Remember, feminism isn't the only enemy here.

While immigration may be a goal of foreign women seeking men in the United States, many of them are likely also seeking a soulmate whom they can love, take care of and who will love and take care of them.  Why would she want to go through the pain of a possibly abusive relationships, or run the risk of getting hurt or killed, when she could look for someone compatible and still achieve her goal of coming to the U.S.?

I would wager that the number of scammers on both sides is a minority.  To assume otherwise is to agree with laws like IMBRA, or worse!

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »

You are absolutely correct Delphi-Prog.

I hate to burst the feminist bubble but the amount of "scams" on either side in almost non-existent. One of my Penpal Service contacts told me that in all the years they have been in business they RARELY heard any negative feedback about anything from either the men or the women - only praise and thanks.

In contrast, there have been hundreds of articles written by angry jealous biased feminists (who know NOTHING about these services let alone actually ever talking to the couples or single men or women that use these services - yet THEY are the "experts" and not the Penpal Clubs?) trying to outdo each other in "Mail Order Bride Abuse" fiction stories. It would help if they didn't copy each other so much, but hey when you know NOTHING ..........
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »

I hate to burst the feminist bubble but the amount of "scams" on either side in almost non-existent.

As far as I know, there has been an increase in the number of so-called “mail-order brides” self-petitioning for residency in the United States by claiming abuse.  If virtually none of the “mail-order brides” lie as you claim, how do you explain this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: