Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
June 24, 2017, 09:35:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mail-Order Brides" and Feminist Presumptions  (Read 76274 times)
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »

I would wager that the number of scammers on both sides is a minority. 

I agree with this.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 05:38:38 AM »

There may be an increase, but what is the percent? 80%?  40%?  8%?  0.4%?  Just because some percentage of people are bad doesn't mean we punish everybody for the abuses of the few.  Some people die in car crashes, but we don't outlaw cars.  Some people get scammed in football pools, but we don't have government nannies sending marshalls from company to company or ringing doorbells to make sure nobody is betting on football.  The problem with our society today is that noisy activists with nothing better to do look for every problem, imperfection and flaw and try to get government to fix everything.  They want government to be your mother, father, babysitter, pastor and psychiatrist.  When they convince enough people that they have a "legitimate" cause they get large earmarks of YOUR tax money to spread out and put more controls on you.  After all, they just want what's best for you, and of course those poor misdirected foreign women who, even if they do scam you, can't control themselves because they're victims of their poverty and your exploitation.

When you pander to claims that there are significant problems with the "mail order bride" industry, you play right into the hands of the radical feminists and radical right-wing religious nuts who right now are in a marriage of convenience in an effort to put the dating world in straight jackets and create a "Steppford Society".

Except for the gay and abortion communities, they get legalized marriage and free abortions for 17-year olds without parental notification.  Funny how the religious zealots are absent in that discussion.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:50:59 AM by Delphi_Programmer » Logged

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »

Taylor OBVIOUSLY must have been the one in 50,000 who had a bad experience with a foreign woman (stole his life savings, ran off with his best friend, beat him into submissiveness, burnt the toast, became a queer lesbian Bahai feminist, didn't return his letter meaning a wasted 41 cent stamp of Taylor's, didn't answer an email resulting in a wasted 5 minutes of Taylor's time, etc.)

Taylor, you seem to be such a strong proponent for IMBRA 2 which makes Penpal Services have to hire foreign detectives to search into the backgrounds of foreign women to see if they ever wasted or could potentially waste a man's time and then also pay for their psychological exams to see if they might waste a man's stamp or email efforts along with other nefarious stuff. And yet the contact information should still be $10.00 along WITH a guarantee of sincerity? Try $1,000 an address instead. Would YOU pay this? I didn't think so. Therefore don't expect or promote others to.

Yet OBVIOUSLY you (and Layli) want this and say you don't like IMBRA? On the contrary, nobody else here is as untrusting of foreign women as you are.

If you don't trust foreign women, I think you should stick with nice, sincere, honest, one man women in America, assuming you can actually find one. Anybody with common sense knows their chances are so much better with a foreign woman.

However please feel free to quote your (non-feminist) sources for your claim of "increases of abuse" by foreign women. If there are it is BECAUSE of IMBRA telling bonafide golddiggers (.00000001 % of foreign women) what they need to know to do so (also part of Layli's plan to stop non-Bahai foreign women from coming here - have to make room for the "honest" Iranian Bahai female Terrorists instead.)

If you can't, then please quit badmouthing and insulting foreign women (there are plenty of feminist forums where you can do that and be appreciated.) We already have enough feminists making up "facts and stats" out of their asses about "un-trustworthy" foreign women to try to scare men off and to convince them to seek only "faithful" American feminist women.

I'm sure Layli smiles when she reads your posts about this IMBRA 2 fantasy. "Taylor sounds like a great comrade" she screams hysterically.

Also, I didn't say "virtually none." Please don't put words in my mouth. I said "ALMOST non-existent." Big difference and also true.

The service that I was talking about did tell me about a man in his 70's who said he lost $12,000 over a period of time by sending it to a (Bahai?) girl in her 20's. He threatened to sue the Penpal Service if they didn't pay him the money he claimed he lost by his own foolish lack of brains and common sense. They laughed (deservedly so) and told him that if he could find a lawyer to take on his case, then good luck to him. Needless to say that was the last they heard from him. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I would hope that wasn't you, was it Taylor?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:23:41 PM by frank johnson » Logged
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 04:47:37 AM »

Let me add that if a man in his 70's is willing to lose $12,000 to a girl in her 20's he has every right to do so without the government breathing fire down his neck or trying to "protect" him.  If he wants to "play the lottery" and hope to find someone like her who really loves him, then that is his prerogative.  If he finds her, then great.  If he's living in fantasy land then that is his problem, not government's, not yours and not mine.  It's also not the Penpal Service's problem.  Society can't be responsible to ensure that every schmuck out there is looking for the right companion for himself.

A government that is big enough to protect everybody is big enough to control everybody.

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
tristan
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 07:24:45 PM »

I have a documents in DOWNLOADS THAT show Joanne Lin lobbyist for NOW stating that IMBRA is needed to protect men and women from "unrealistic expectations".  Think about it: Congress passed a law to protect men and women from unrealistic expectations while dating.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »

If you can't, then please quit badmouthing and insulting foreign women (there are plenty of feminist forums where you can do that and be appreciated.) We already have enough feminists making up "facts and stats" out of their asses about "un-trustworthy" foreign women to try to scare men off and to convince them to seek only "faithful" American feminist women....

The service that I was talking about did tell me about a man in his 70's who said he lost $12,000 over a period of time by sending it to a (Bahai?) girl in her 20's. He threatened to sue the Penpal Service if they didn't pay him the money he claimed he lost by his own foolish lack of brains and common sense. They laughed (deservedly so) and told him that if he could find a lawyer to take on his case, then good luck to him. Needless to say that was the last they heard from him. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I would hope that wasn't you, was it Taylor?

No.

If you have a problem with what I am posting, you can report it to the administrator and see if they will delete it. 

I am entitled to express my opinions here just as you are provided that I stay within the rules of the forum.

The feminists are not “bad mouthing” the “mail-order brides”.  They actually describe them the same way that you do from the articles and congressional testimonies that I have read.  They are “bad mouthing” American men who use “International Marriage Brokers”.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »

Taylor, you seem to be such a strong proponent for IMBRA 2 which makes Penpal Services have to hire foreign detectives to search into the backgrounds of foreign women to see if they ever wasted or could potentially waste a man's time and then also pay for their psychological exams to see if they might waste a man's stamp or email efforts along with other nefarious stuff. And yet the contact information should still be $10.00 along WITH a guarantee of sincerity? Try $1,000 an address instead. Would YOU pay this? I didn't think so. Therefore don't expect or promote others to.

As far as I know, the American government cannot pass a law that requires international dating agencies to do background checks on foreign citizens.  If there are any lawyers who would like to correct me on this, please do so.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: