Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
July 25, 2017, 10:31:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vatican Radio broadcasts shocking lies about men  (Read 74010 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »

Here is a great way of showing how ridiculous IMBRA is:

Imagine if the Tahirih Justice Center decided to compromise with us and say "OK. You men are allowed to say hello to foreign women and start a relationship with them. But one week into the relationship the government has to step in to see how things are and to then provide the woman with information necessary for her to make an informed decision about continuing the relationship".

Remember Julia and Winston in the book "1984"?

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:41 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30761-2004Jul31.html

http://www.radiovaticana.org/en1/enchi.asp

It says "Voice of the Pope" but the pro-feminist, politically correct American male with a high-pitched gay-sounding voice who manages that department, Charles Collins, insists that he is entirely independent of the Pope.

He said contemptuously to me "I am not a Jesuit" and "I am independent of the Pope" and then he said that "Feminism is a loaded political word that I prefer not to use. But we do talk of "women's issues" on our show".

He is too politically correct to recognize the common sense his own Australian woman journalist Catherine had when she wanted to take down the report for having been "hastily put together without checking sources in order to meet a deadline".

He kept saying "Catherine is not in charge here. I am".

Maybe it is time for some women's liberation because Catherine would make an excellent manager at Vatican Radio.

The women of the vatican have more guts than the males.

Actually, I think the Pope has been sleeping through all of this. The oldest generation of conservative males are like that in that they do not keep track of what their own people are saying and they may be too senile to understand just how radically aberrant these concepts are. So many conservative old guys have shown no concept of vigilance anywhere, with examples being the conservative billionaire who died and left Theresa Heinz billions + the old guy who married Anna Nicole Smith. Pope Benedikt, like them, wouldn't be on the ball enough to understand that he is being taken for a ride by those like Charles Collins with anti-family agendas the young Josef Ratzinger would never have dreamed of (that is his former name).

Meanwhile, a major woman reporter for an American newspaper commented on the Vatican story today, saying "this is bizarre".

Another of his comments "Good journalists always use anecdotes." And when I said that they used to put German women on the radio to say a Jewish man had attacked them he broke into my words mid-sentence loudly exclaiming "When you bring the Nazis into it you've lost the argument".

But when Tahirih announces on the radio that an American man accosted his estranged foreign-born wife in a parking lot once...that is NOT a reason for creating a law that forces background checks on men for just being able to say hello.

I am sure Pople Benedikt, who lived through the NS regime in the 30s, would be interested to know that he has an American left-winger over at the radio station who doesn't think there is anything to be learned from the Nazi era.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:19:16 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »

Perhaps Vatican Radio would also like to look at the government studies that seem to suggest that many of the “web-order brides” are using American men to garner money and permanent residency status here in the United States.

This radio report is indicative of what seems to be a major problem in the contemporary media.  Journalists are allowing themselves to be manipulated by political pressure groups.  A good journalistic story presents both sides of an issue.  That wasn’t done in this case.  Anyone with any semblance of intelligence would realize this is not an objective report.  This is an example of inadequate journalism.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: