Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
September 25, 2017, 10:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Vatican Radio broadcasts shocking lies about men  (Read 75239 times)
tristan
Administrator

« on: January 26, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »

UPDATE: LINK TO BROADCAST TAKEN DOWN THEN PUT BACK UP!

Susie Hodges and editor Charles Collins of Vatican Radio broadcasts shocking lies about men who romance foreign women.  Their reports claims that these man subject their wives to "brutal violence", most of whom are "serial rapists".

http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Articolo.asp?c=114630
scroll ahead to minute 17 to hear this feature

Hodges got all of her information from Sen. Sam Brownback, Miller of Tahirih and her sleazy lawyer Ross Goldstein of Arnold and Porter.  She did no fact checking of anything.  Thus, she reports that a number of lawsuits challenged IMBRA (there were two) and that one in Ohio was defeated (it was withdrawn by the plaintiff).  She says that IMBRA was passed with wide bi-partisan support when the law was passed on a voice vote hidden behind another bill and no one knew about the law except for four Congressional sponsors.

She records Miller stating that many of the men who do this are serial rapists, that the law is narrowly tailored and that the women are often tortured, subjected to violent sexual fantasies and murdered.

Goldstein talks about one case where a famous Ukrainian green card shark was brutally raped and strangled (so he claims) and suggesting that this is what happens to many foreign women who marry American men.

I sent Vatican Radio a long letter detailing their horrific (Miller's favorite adjective to describe how we treat our wives) false reporting and I demanded equal time.

Vatican Radio  is a propaganda machine spewing completely false facts and hate against Catholic and other men who seek foreign wives.

NEW UPDATES:  Veteran spoke to reporter Suzie Hodges who hung up the phone on him after insisting that women need more protection.

Editor Charles Collins wrote Dave Root a letter stating that:

"Having taken a close look at the report causing your concern, we have to disagree it was unbalanced."

"...I can assure you that we are certainly not biased in any way."

So Charles Collins thinks that if there are two lawsuits against IMBRA, it is accurate to state that there are "a number of lawsuits".  If one lawsuit was commenced by a group of mom and pop agency owners, Collins thinks it is accurate to state that "a number of lawsuits were commenced by consortiums of industry groups".  Even though there has never been any arrest/conviction or admission by anyone that a single man who married a foreign woman is a serial rapist, Collins thinks it is balanced to report that many men who marry foreign women are "serial rapists".

How do guys like this get to keep their jobs?  Could it be that the entire management of Vatican Radio is corrupt?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:35:45 AM by tristan » Logged

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
Scooter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:21:48 PM »

I started listening to the link, and I couldn't finish listening to the report, for fear of losing my dinner. 

I have to agree with you Tristan, that we need equal time to explain our side.  Unfortunately, we shouldn't have to demand getting an opposing point of view.  And, without the disclaimer that the views presented in the report do not represent those of the Catholic Church, or of the station, means that whoever listened to it will think that's the position of Rome: Relations with foreign women are "evil", and subject to censure by the Church.  Of course, out of the roughly 1.1 billion Catholics in the world, only those that from this country will probably look for more information and not believe everything they hear.

Of course what I'd like to know is, what ever happened to good, old-fashioned editorial responsibility?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »

ADMIN NOTE AND UPDATE: Vatican Radio took the link to the broadcast off their website for a week but put it back up again and VR editor Charles Collins said “we stand by the story” despite its many incorrect facts and completely one-sided reporting including the statement that most men who meet foreign women via internet are "serial rapists".

-------------

I wrote the following when I first heard about the report on Friday and I want to correct what I wrote with new knowledge:

OK. We know now that Brownback is the main enemy of American males because it was his OPUS DEI connections that got him a Vatican Radio Report.

The TJC did not have this kind of reach.

I was wrong about this. Opus Dei had nothing to do with a young feminist reporter researching "sexual trafficking" and finding the Tahirih Justice Center probably via Google or other search engine.

Susie strongly believes that background checks should have long since been instituted for everyone who uses the Internet to socialize because "You have to look at it from the woman's point of view." Her colleagues, also women, don't necessarily look at things with her point of view themselves, however.

Note that there is a strong feminist, left-wing element in the Vatican...but this does not include Pope Benedikt or the top German priests.

When I wrote this I was thinking of going up to the local German priest after Mass on Sunday...but then decided that it would be better to call Susie Hodges herself as well as others inside Vatican Radio.

It turns out that most of the young people at Radio Vaticana openly talk about an extreme dislike of feminism. I am encouraged by my discussions with many Vatican Radio personnel that the Vatican is not going downhill in their sense of justice.

And it makes Brownback the lowest of the low because he would not dare to do a show like that in the USA.

Until Senator Sam Brownback shows the guts to debate this issue with fellow Americans instead of committing treason by slandering his fellow American males to an overseas journalist, nobody should have any respect for him.

An American audience, except an NPR audience, would see through this and want to know the real story. Notice that IMBRA was not mentioned by name.

Actually, I would never have been able to talk with the managers and other reporters of the New York Times after their editors actually changed Eduardo Porter's anti-IMBRA article into a pro-IMBRA article with selective editing.

The New York Times top management actively tries to destroy fair and balanced reporting.

The Vatican Radio experience, in which they quickly took down a damaging and unfair report, renews my faith in both humanity and the people of Europe. The experience does nothing for my faith in the USA.

Americans who don't know what a passport is, are still in complete ignorance of how traveling Americans are being persecuted by federal laws for activity that is perfectly legal for all other Americans.

For his own career, Brownback just told European women that American men are mostly criminals except for the ones who stay at home.

It is now all over Google that Brownback committed treason with what he said about American men on Vatican Radio and we still have the transcripts.

I wrote to Brownback two days ago asking him politely to work on a rewrite of the law and abandon the pro-feminist angle.

But he is not up for reelection so he does not care. His run for the US Presidency is not serious. There must be some financial benefit in pretending to run for President. If so then I want to run for President too.

For journalists, here is Brownback's contact information:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/cgi-bin/newmemberbio.cgi?lang=&member=KSSR&site=ctc&address=&city=&state=KS&zipcode=&plusfour=
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:25:12 AM by tristan » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »

This whole episode was like in the "Davinci Code" because Brownback is part of Opus Dei now. This man, who wants to take everyone's rights away, only recently became a Catholic however, so why is a venerable organization dealing with a slimy politician with obvious emotional problems...who probably still thinks he can be president.

One columnist recently said that Brownback wants to be VP and then Giuliani and McCain have health problems...and voila: President of the United States of America.

The Vatican seemed to support everything Condi Rice said before the World Cup last summer about Germany being into "sex trafficking" because presumably brothels were not suddenly made illegal. The reports were "all those innocent poor women from Eastern Europe will be dragged into sex slavery to satisfy the ravenous appetite for sex that all the world's men will have when they come to Germany to watch soccer".

Germans were angry at all this nonsense. Then all the German newspapers reported how attendance at the brothels actually went DOWN during the World Cup because the world's men were (gasp) actually interested in soccer.

I confirmed this. For the first time in 10 years I decided to see what the places were like and visited about 5 brothels and saw nothing but older "professionals" that would have to pay me millions to sleep with them.

And they were annoyed that the men were not coming to do business with them.

But the Vatican Radio did not do a follow-up report on the matter.

I asked where all the young slaves were at these places. There weren't any. The new German law also says a woman has to be 21 to work in a brothel. And they have to apply for a business license. It is a very mundane world they live in.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:02:14 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 04:54:10 AM »

Here is a sample letter you can write about Brownback. I call this the "Worse than Michael Moore" letter:

Listen to Sam Brownback yesterday on Vatican Radio saying that American businessmen who date foreign women are criminals, rapists and „pursuing their sexual fantasies”.

http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Articolo.asp?c=114636

Not even Michael Moore tried to hurt our reputation this badly. When I say “our”, I mean you and me as American males.

This “mail order bride” debate was supposed to stay at home between Americans. But now Brownback wants to advertise to foreign women not to go on the Internet to meet Americans.

Do you agree with that?

Note some points:

1)      Every word in this report is a victim feminist lie. There is no evidence that American men who date foreign women via the Internet are more violent than the domestic population and in fact the evidence contradicts this theory. There were 3 “mail order bride” murders in 20 years against 10,000 American bride murders.

2)      One of the two lawsuits against the IMBRA law was not “defeated”. It was dropped in order to consolidate and stop a feminist maneuver. See www.online-dating-rights.com.

3)      The report is totally one sided. They never interviewed a dating agency or customer. I would have proudly gone on the radio as a customer.

4)      For your show, we have plenty of men who will tell them what they feel about Brownback’s slander of American businessmen overseas.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:03:28 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 04:57:09 AM »

Because Brownback's tenure is until 2010 otherwise, you may want to ally with some of these people on www.FreeRepublic.com who publicly show their email addresses.

Check that website for Brownback news often.

If the core Conservatives hate him in Kansas, they can try to get him impeached...just for being a slimy guy, not that they care about foreigners themselves.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:58:56 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 05:01:48 AM »

Here is an excerpt from www.freerepublic.com from today:

A topic about Brownback's "conservative credentials":

[Putz`s everywhere are upset with the comparison to the Backstabber Brownback.

8 posted on 01/25/2007 10:08:27 AM PST by neverhillorat (IF THE RATS WIN, WE ALL LOSE)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Plutarch
Better to take the RINOs down now before they have a chance to win the primaries (and then go on to lose the general election)

9 posted on 01/25/2007 10:10:30 AM PST by flashbunny (If the founding fathers were alive today, they'd be plucking feathers and boiling tar.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: neverhillorat
LOL...you have coined a new term...'Backstabber Brownback'. I like that!!

10 posted on 01/25/2007 10:10:42 AM PST by penelopesire
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

To: Plutarch
Pot, meet Kettle. Brownback's hopping on the Hellery Train to appeasement this week doesn't sound very conservative to me.

Yup. Brownback appears to have bought the Washington Post line that the evangelicals are "easily led". All he has to be is loudly Pro-Life, and everyone will support him, with no one to notice his betrayal on the WOT, and his Amnesty vote.

22 posted on 01/25/2007 4:52:00 PM PST by Plutarch

Veteran back: Remember that FReepers include a lot of military guys and are with our cause except for the owner of FR, Jim Robinson, who has a pro-IMBRA girlfriend apparently.  Someone should post the Vatican Radio report there with the letter I wwrote above. It has to be done properly like other posts, linking to the report properly, and in no way should the new member ever say anything against the Iraq War because these guys have a sensitive streak about that which you do not want to get into if you want your post to stay undeleted.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:08:58 AM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »

This is what core Republicans thought when Brownback announced he was running for pres last week:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1772547/posts

Here is one Conservative Gadfly posting:

"
Yadda yadda yadda. He did a smart thing by snuggling up close to conservative leaders by heading up the VAT team meetings in the Senate and THAT is why you are hearing about him at all. But I am telling you, he is a disaster...a disaster -- and it is on more than issues about feds interfering with churches.

And yes, with close family serving on the front lines in Iraq, you bet I have a problem with a "Republican" not only undercutting our Commander in Chief in his efforts on the War on Terror, but also putting our soldiers at tremendous risk with his foolish statements.

I do not believe for one minute he is the best we are going to get and frankly I am damned sick and tired of holding my nose and voting because it is "the best we are going to get." I just don't believe that.

He is not a conservative and I am worn out with people posing as conservatives who clearly, demonstrably are not --but pretend to be for political advantage."

Here is another posting:

"That's because the media wants the 2008 Republican candidate to be moderate or liberal so our party is divided. That's why they are always pushing for McCain and Giuliani.

Duncan Hunter:

http://www.ontheissues.org/CA/Duncan_Hunter.htm

Tom Tancredo:

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tom_Tancredo.htm

Also, Mitt Romney is a liar and a phoney. He's not a real conservative."

Veteran back: They like Tancredo

VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 05:34:47 AM »

Here is what he has to say about himself on his website:

About Sam 

Sam Brownback has spent his life in the service of others. He was born in Parker, Kansas and raised on a farm where his mother and father still live. He was a leader in high school, in Future Farmers of America as state president, as student body president at Kansas State University and president of his class at University of Kansas Law School.

Sam served as a White House Fellow in the first Bush Administration and was the youngest Secretary of Agriculture in Kansas history. When he was 38, he was elected to the House of Representatives with the Republican Revolution in 1994. In 1996, he was elected to the U.S. Senate seat held by Bob Dole.

In the U.S. Senate, Sam serves on the Appropriations: < http://appropriations.senate.gov/> , Judiciary : <http://judiciary.senate.gov/> , and Joint Economic Committees. He is the Ranking Member on the Joint Economic Committee, the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee, as well as the subcommittee responsible for the Constitution. He also serves in the Helsinki Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, co-chairs the Senate Cancer Coalition and the Human Rights Caucus, chairs the Senate Values Action Team, and is a founding member of the Senate Fiscal Watch Team.

Sam has earned a well-deserved reputation for expertise and genuine concern in a wide range of issue areas. He is currently focused on defending and promoting traditional marriage, building market- and consumer-based solutions to health care reform, and meaningful tax reform including an optional flat tax. He has worked hard to ensure that we confirm judges who will interpret the law and not legislate from the bench, to create a BRAC-like commission to review and terminate failed or completed federal programs, to protect and renew our American culture, and to defend human life. He is actively engaged in re-opening the U.S. beef trade in Asia, stopping genocide in Darfur, incentivizing drug companies to find cures to neglected diseases throughout the world, and spreading democracy and human rights in Iran and North Korea.

His colleagues say he is one of the most sincere people in Congress, and even those who don't agree with him never doubt his conviction and appreciate the respectful way he debates even the most contentious of issues. The compassion with which he approaches the full range of issues is exactly what we need in our leaders.

The Economist called Sam "The Wilberforce Republican." And the New York Times declared that he is "one of the most conservative, religious, fascinating -- and, in many ways, admirable -- politicians in America today."

Over the years, Sam has been a radio broadcaster, attorney, teacher, administrator, congressman and senator. Senator Brownback and his wife Mary have five children.

Veteran back: And his wife is beautiful. He has two adult daughters who are also attractive. Kansas just sounds like an insular place where they just don't understand foreign countries. On the foreign dating issue, the wife and daughters probably don't realize they are "feminists" (I have to assume that they are 100% behind him on that being the one issue he would take advice from them on). They would probably prefer to think that men who don't want to stay in Kansas and date beautiful Christians like them...must be evil.

It is more a commentary on Kansas, because what they think is evil in the context it takes people's rights away.

First they get the idea that we are a priori criminals...then we have less rights than they have.

VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 06:03:34 AM »

Here is another reason why conservatives hate him:

http://www.vdare.com/allen/brownback.htm

He wants tons of refugees to come to America...but he doesn't want any of them to admire or marry American men before or after they enter the country.

At least conservatives are calling him "insane". If the liberals don't roast him it is only because they know he will cause so much damage to the Republican Party.

I realize now that I saw Brownback-type people in operation in Sacramento in 2004: more than 6,000 new Evangelical Christians from the Ukraine were given free citizenship in the USA if they could prove to be brainwashed and in contempt of men. There is a huge church on Jackson Avenue south of Sacramento with the most beautiful Ukrainians you will ever see...but their personalities are the opposite of Russian Orthodox Ukrainians, in that they are anti-male like any feminist in San Francisco would be, especially those in their twenties who have been raised in the US victim feminist society for the past ten years since they immigrated (the evangelical church is largely victim feminist = "Don't date or kiss a man before marriage").

The mentality of a man like Brownback is that all males are evil except him, which means that women should not be contacted by any man except him. He is surrounded by women in his family and he mentally projects his image as the protector (alpha male) of these women onto all women around the world.

It is kind of like in that Woody Allen movie where Woody's character had put every man to death who was taller than 5'5"...except Brownback isn't funny.

To get an idea on why the Vatican allowed Brownback to pull his one-sided slander of American males who travel overseas, check the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" which has been the rage in Christian churches for the past 10 years despite the fact that it was written by an immature 21 year old man.

http://www.amazon.com/Kissed-Dating-Goodbye-Joshua-Harris/dp/1590521358/sr=8-1/qid=1169903510/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-9703052-5689245?ie=UTF8&s=books

Here is one smart man's comments on the book at Amazon:

"I saw the fruits of this book before I read it, and sadly they were mostly negative, despite the potential of the book's intended message. Its wild popularity is one reason why I no longer attend an evangelical church. For instance, new converts often own 3 copies of Harris' book and can spread the anti-dating gospel, but know nothing about the trinity, the Sacraments, or social justice matters. Men sit worried while their girlfriends are on a retreat because the leaders there are giving a "dating talk," which will likely pressure their girlfriends to go into confusion about their otherwise healthy relationship. Men go to the movies with a girl; they pay, they buy dinner, and then call it every term under the sun but "date" to avoid committing the perceived ultimate sin."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 06:54:17 PM by VeteransAbroad » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: