Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
March 30, 2017, 02:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Young Men Banned from Polygamy Sect: They Compete With Older Men for Young Wives  (Read 6620 times)
VeteransAbroad

This is a subway in Russia. Poor country?

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:04:52 AM »

Of course CNN would report this:

Apparently the older males of a polygamy sect out west in the US are kicking out the younger males who try to talk with the younger females:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/07/lost.boys/index.html

The reason would be because the younger males might actually want to mate with the younger females and the older married males, who already have 5 or 6 wives each, would want these younger females to mate with themselves.

I believe that this is exactly what is happening. It shows that, in a sub-society where men control absolutely everything, the unfairness and fascism can go in the other direction.

The older male patriarchs in these sects are exercising draconian rules that obviously work in their own interest and not at all in the interest of the young males.

I always suspected that was going on when I was a teenage male and the older male religious guys were saying how much a sin it would be if I touched a female. I instinctively knew they wanted to do the touching themselves.

The problem with IMBRA and the current US Congress is that the OLDER WOMEN now have control across the board. They are acting in their OWN INTEREST when they try to stop beautiful young women from competing with THEM.

It is exactly the same thing.

Read the article and you will see that it is IMBRA in reverse.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:25:33 AM »

What this also tells us is that the younger, financially strapped males in American society as a whole, might not be so supporting of older white professionals being able to win younger women by having nice cars, nice jobs or the ability to travel the world. They would feel like the "lost boys" in the article, except they see their financial poverty as having "banned" them from having any fun.

This is partly why the SNAGS (sensitive new-age geeks) are so pro-feminist.

They see their only hope in older women looking for younger men who say the right things.

What the SNAGS don't realize is that they only need to get a job and a personality and some confidence.

Honest journalists will see the Tahirih Justice Center as a front for the NOW that appeals to conservative "Security Moms". Match.com and Yahoo and MySpace are actually working for total Internet regulation because they don't want clients to be anonymous and they want small dating sites/forums dead.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »

Modern feminists, like many other liberal activists, go on the premise that women were "oppressed".  Like the racial minority activists, women claim to have been "enslaved" 100 years ago, and are fighting to see that never happens again.  When they see older, wealthy men marry young Filipinas/Russians/Ukrainians, it reminds them of a bygone, 19th century era when women were "hoodwinked" by social pressure into marriages with men 30 years their senior (many went willingly, but don't tell modern feminists that).  They actually see it as a modern form of slavery.  Arguing that the men treat their ladies well is like arguing that some plantation owners treated their slaves well.  Feminists don't buy it.  They see the marriage ITSELF as a form of abuse, so to them the "abuse rate" of American/foreign ("mail-order") marriages is 100%.

We have to stop these dangerous people before they spread their venom around the world and put men everywhere in handcuffs and straight jackets.

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:39:20 PM »

They (feminists) think that the “mail-order brides” are marrying up.  They think that western men are exploiting their poverty.  It is a completely gendered worldview.

If you think about it, “marrying up” is a form of exploitation.  After all, the woman is marrying a man for what he has or can do for her.  She is not marrying him for love.

Feminists frequently make this comment when talking about “mail-order brides”.  It never seems to occur to them that women who “marry up” could be potentially exploiting someone.  It is either that, or they just don’t care that men may be getting exploited.

Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:16 AM »

Yes, but there's a flaw in this thinking.  The flaw is that the claims are based on stereotypes and generalizations. 

I personally know a Philippine/American couple.  He was a 48-year old aging programmer and she was 24 when they married.  On paper this is a typical profile. 

Several years later he lost his job and was unemployed for quite some time.  During that time she stayed by his side, worked as a public school teacher and supported him despite his failure to find a job in three years.  An American woman would have been out the door!.  He moved to the Philippines and she stayed here to work and pay off his massive debt.  She then joined him in the Philippines where today they live and raise their 9-year old daughter.  She continues to work and earn the money while he tinkers with a business that has yet to get off the ground. 

She's a young, certified school teacher with most of her career ahead of her.  He's an outdated computer programmer with skills in obsolete technology.  Who married up?  Yet she stayed with him and proved her love and dedication to a man who was twice her age when she married him.  Imagine that?  And she was only 24!

If these feminists would take the time to get to know the people behind their statistics and profiles, then they would see that their stereotypical claims are wrong more often than they think.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:49:40 AM by Delphi_Programmer » Logged

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
VeteransAbroad

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 12:54:44 AM »

Believe me, they already know the reality about the statistics and the nice couples. They don't care because it is a business they are running and it is based on perceptions and hate mongering.

The knee-jerk feminists like to say that the men who date foreign women are "losers" and then they contradict themselves by saying the foreign women are "marrying up". You can see that they are really saying that they think they are much better than foreign women themselves.

But Tahirih was not so dumb in the EC Trial. They were not the typical dumb feminists...so it will take a few more steps of logic to defeat them in court.

The TJC said in the EC trial that we were mostly sophisticated and worldly professionals. EC should have then asked why we needed regulating then.

The TJC said that we simply used our worldliness to exploit the empoverished...a pure Marxist world view.

So we are going to have to introduce the legions of stories of young women supporting much older men financially.

I have twice in my life been fully financially supported by a young Russian woman in Russia.

Twice I have been dependent on free food and housing in Russia...given by women 15 to 20 years younger than I.

But both times I bounced back to great careers in the west.

I guess it was the equivalent of crashing at one's parents place between jobs.

TJC could argue that the women knew I would soon get back on my feet again.

But it was more affection than cold hearted calculation that caused the hospitality.

tristan
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

The knee-jerk feminists like to say that the men who date foreign women are "losers" and then they contradict themselves by saying the foreign women are "marrying up". You can see that they are really saying that they think they are much better than foreign women themselves.

This is a brilliant observation.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: