Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
November 23, 2017, 06:16:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian Woman Confesses  (Read 8034 times)
Taylor

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

She was a “mail-order bride”:

http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/08/12/i-was-a-mail-order-bride/?icid=main
tristan
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »

This article about this NYC couple was already examined, if not here, then by us and others in blogs elsewhere.

This international couple, who met online, ironically claim that most/virtually all such relationships are inherently bad and comprised of losers/abusers. 

They claim that they are different.

They are part of the problem, and they have joined the mob and would stand by while knee-jerk feminists are lynching us.

Advocacy groups that get taxpayer money for "protecting" foreign women and the thoughtless media call foreign woman a "mail order bride" if she met her husband via internet.  This is American imperialism, it is denigrating, insulting and portrays the women as helpless fools.
Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »

That must be why the media gave them exposure.  The article did seem to give that impression.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »

The online service I used had thousands of subscribers, but after browsing the site, I couldn't fathom sleeping with -- let alone marrying -- the vast majority of the American men. They weren't only physically unappealing (grandfatherly old, overweight); their profiles offended me. Most were blatant about wanting a stereotypical submissive wife.
So, what's the difference between her and a typical American femi-snazi?  I don't see much of one.

My Philippine wife never once complained about the age or looks of men who wrote to her profile in Cherry Blossoms.

Get government out of the Personals Ads and out of our personal lives.
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:42:28 PM »

Though we had 23 years between us, our age gap didn't bother me. Steve looks younger than he is, and is very stylish. He's also a great listener, and he asked me about everything, from my family to being a foreign-exchange student to what it would be like if I left Ukraine.

Beware of people who claim to have an "age difference" but are apologetic about it and claim that they are the "exception to the rule" (I'm exceptionally mature for my age, he's very young-looking and active for his, and neither of us were "looking for" an age-gapped relationship).

Why is it so important to this story that "Steve looks younger than he is"?  Would he be an abuser or exploiter if he didn't?  And what does being a "good listener" have to do with how old he is or looks?

I belong to two web sites called AgelessLove.com and MindTheAgeGap.com, and most of the people on both of those sites either see me as a troll or have written me off.  I get zero responses to most of my messages and, quite frankly, good riddance to both of them!

They are typical of the American dating scene with the perfect disguise.  On both of those sites, though they "advocate" for age-gaps, you are a weirdo if you go looking for someone not your age.  Both are apologetic to parents who have fits that their daughter is dating a guy (gasp!!!) ten years older than her, and both sites read more like victim support forums than people who really rally behind someone's right to have a dating preference.

The American dating scene is the American dating scene, no matter how you dress it up or what embellishments you top it with.  The woman in this story fits that profile to a tee.

Real foreign women don't have hangups about superficial things like looks, money or age.  Real foreign women (who were brought up with old-world values) are looking for a real lover, a responsible husband and a good provider spiritually and emotionally as well as monetarily; and that has nothing to do with goose-bumps, butterflies in the stomach or someone who looks "hot" like "Tom Cruise" at 25.

The woman in this story is a phony and a fake.  She is "Brittney Spears" with a Russian accent.

Taylor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 02:41:41 AM »

She doesn’t seem to have a very high opinion of “mail-order brides”.  This is how she describes them:

“Women who use marriage-brokerage sites often post seductive photos of themselves posing in lingerie or bikinis that practically scream "Buy me!" but I couldn't do that. It just wasn't me. I wanted to avoid, as much as possible, feeling like an object to be obtained for the right "price." I knew I had to stay strong and believe that if I ended up getting married, I wouldn't forget who I was.” [1]

She also has been deeply impacted by the anecdotal stories of feminists and “mail-order bride” abuse.  This is what she says:

“In Ukraine the potential dangers of the so-called mail-order bride industry are not as well known as they are in America. So I wasn't worried about my safety, although based on what I know now about brokered marriages, I should have been. I learned years later, only after moving here, about the many horror stories of foreign brides who had been abused by their American husbands. Today I understand just how much of a gamble I took.” [2]

She might want to consider that the feminists have produced absolutely no statistical evidence to justify their claim that “mail-order brides” are more likely to be abused.  She also might want to consider that some American women have been abused in just as horrible a manner by American men as is the case in these “horror” stories of “mail-order bride” abuse.

If what Tristan is saying is true: that these two people are parroting feminist propaganda about mail order brides, then they are being exceedingly foolish.  They are not different from other “brokered” marriages.  They are not rehabilitating their image by promoting the dissembling of others.  They certainly are not gaining the respect of those who dissemble.

This is a story of a much older man who married a Ukrainian woman who had limited life prospects in the country she lived in.  He made her “better life” possible by falling in love with her and providing that life for her.  It is a relationship where he was the “power holder”.  Most women want that.  It is called hypergamy, and it is a transcultural phenomena.  She realized her dream, and she should not disparage others who dream of the same thing (if that is what she and her husband are doing).

Reference:

1.   Lera Loeb, “I Was a Mail-Order Bride”, Lemondrop.com, June 26, 2009,
http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/08/12/i-was-a-mail-order-bride/?icid=main
2.   Ibid.

Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »

Gee, I wonder if the news media or blogs will pick up the story of Josie and Delaney Davis (who is "grandfatherly" old), who met online and married in 2002.   Today they live happily in the Philippines with her family and their little girl whom they're raising together.  They also own/operate their own (gasp! OMG!) "marriage broker", so I guess they don't buy into all the "horror stories" like the Ukrainian woman in the story above.

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to become a headline.

frank johnson
OPG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

In my opinion, that entire "Ukrainian woman confession" was bogus.

Probably written by some feminist or even perhaps Layli as it is right up her alley.

I don't believe a word of it.

File under "Feminist Fiction."
Delphi_Programmer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »

We should start a television series called "Beyond belief, Feminist fact or fiction".

Someone presents a research paper, blog or article and people guess whether it's fact or fiction.  Then Jonathan Frakes comes out at the end and tells which.

The winner gets a prize.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: