Online Dating Rights. Mail Order Brides
PragueVietnamMoscowGuatemala

FOUR REASONS American men seek romance abroad: Prague, Ha Long Bay, Red Square, small villages in Latin America. Somehow meeting a Czech, Vietnamese, Russian or Peruvian/Colombian/Brazilian woman for a date at one of these exotic places is incomparably more exciting than meeting a hometown girl at the local coffeeshop. Opponents of a man's right to meet foreign women online never stop to consider how enjoyable it is to travel/work/live abroad and learn new cultures and languages while seeking a marriage partner.
Online Dating Rights
March 30, 2017, 02:43:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mail order bride" discussion at a public university  (Read 3843 times)
bronxman
OPG

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

"Mail-order brides maintain a kind of novelty around them. People wonder if they really exist."  THEY DON'T.  BUT THE RADICAL FEMINISTS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT.

http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2007/02/12/Entertainment/MailOrder.Brides-2712032.shtml?sourcedomain=www.lsureveille.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Mail-order brides
by Ryan Duncan

Issue date: 2/12/07 Section: Entertainment
Originally published: 2/11/07 at 10:22 PM MST Last update: 2/11/07 at 10:22 PM MST
Print
Email

Article Tools
Page 1 of 1
Mail-order brides maintain a kind of novelty around them. People wonder if they really exist.

Non-citizens are eligible for citizenship if they are the fianc�e or spouse of a U.S. citizen.

According to the United States Citizen and Immigration Services, nearly 150,000 women advertise themselves for some sort of mail-order bride service.

The USCIS also said a majority of women advertising themselves come from Russia and the areas of the former Soviet Union or Southeast Asia. Studies by the USCIS also show that the majority of men who order brides are white and well-educated.

"I think often they tend to be very busy, very professional men, and perhaps they are too busy to invest time to find a conventional relationship," Susan Dumais, assistant professor of sociology, said.

Dumais said hope of a better life leads women to advertise themselves.

"The hopes that eventually they may be able to get money to send back home and the idea of the American dream make people more willing to do it," Dumais said.

Students differed in opinion on whether it is worth it to marry strangers for U.S. citizenship.

Been Hood, mechanical engineering freshman, said it would depend on the situation.

"I don't think so. It would all depend on where you come from, I guess," Hood said.

Leah Wattigny, English senior, did not think it was worth citizenship because she was skeptical about who would order a mail-order bride.

"I don't think I would ever want to be with someone who would order a mail-order bride," Wattigny said.

Dumais said there is a darker side to mail-order brides.

"These are men who have had major career success and are used to being in charge, and the women are usually younger, vulnerable women who don't really know anybody and can be controlled easily," Dumais said.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: